HelTweetica - new Mac Twitter app, and it's free

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by atari1356, May 28, 2010.

1. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

HelTweetica looks pretty good... has a nice simple interface.

Plus, for those of us using the 2010 MacBook Pros, it doesn't switch on the NVidia 330m like Tweetie for Mac does.

Best of all, it's free. :)

Anybody else using this yet?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Just downloaded it. Seems pretty standard with slim customization options as far as appearance (the white background is a little distracting), but it's free so you really can't complain. Nice find.

Edit: Why does Command+N open a new window instead of a new Tweet? This bugged me about Tweetie as well. Why can't my personal preferences for keyboard shortcuts be the same as everyone else's???!!!!!! grmbl grmbl

3. forcemajeure macrumors newbie

can you explain me please about the switching?

what do u mean by switching in the new macbook pro? i have one and i got also tweetie, what does it mean? i don't see any switching by using tweetie

4. atari1356 thread starter macrumors 68000

atari1356

On the 2010 MacBook Pros, Tweetie causes the automatic graphics switching to use the NVidia 330m (the faster, but more power consuming graphics card)... which is bad if you're running on battery and trying to conserve power.

There's a utility called gfxCardStatus that you can use to tell which graphics card your computer is currently using (and even force it to use a certain card if you want).

5. forcemajeure macrumors newbie

6. forcemajeure macrumors newbie

btw how do i know which card i'm using currently, i can see in the menu Card:NVIDIA but its not active (in grey) does it means that i'm using the other card?

7. atari1356 thread starter macrumors 68000

atari1356

That means you're using the NVidia card. The easiest way to tell is by the menu bar icon. It will show an "i" if you're on the Intel card, or "n" if you're using the NVidia.

8. forcemajeure macrumors newbie

oh cool, i just noticed that's the icon is n :)

i wonder if i'll see i ? what do you recommend?

9. forcemajeure macrumors newbie

What about Tweetdeck? any experience with it?

10. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a