hemp macbook sleeve?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tehdee, May 29, 2007.

1. tehdee macrumors member

hi all,

travelling abroad with a new macbook.

trying to decide on a case/ sleeve case...

chanced upon apple sac-- http://applesac.com/original

[​IMG]

-has anyone bought one of these. it doesnt look as sturdy as a sleeve case, but seems comparable to one of the waterfield sleeves.

anybody have any recommendations as to extended travelling [with a backpack] and a macbook..?

cheers.

2. crazydrumma macrumors regular

I'm all about the natural look and that looks incredible. Thanks for sharing the link, I have an incase sleeve, which works. I would say that looks fine. honestly, its about the same as other sleeves, so I would say since it's not pricey... go for it, it looks legit. If it doesn't work out, it's only 30 bucks.

3. Eve macrumors newbie

Thanks for posting this link! I've never bought one, heck I don't even own a macbook yet (will be ordering next month). However, I think I am going to get the red one of these! It looks really awesome and is basically the same price as the sleeves in the Apple store (little more expensive because it doesn't have the education discount), only this one is cooler.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wow, those are awesome. Never heard of it before, and trust me....I've been here a long time!

5. Kermit the frog macrumors regular

Kermit the frog

I agree I love hemp and other things that are affiliated with hemp ;)

6. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

did you wind up purchasing one? i'm wondering whether or not you were satisfied, if it fits tightly around the macbook?

7. Eve macrumors newbie

8. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

I have the original and the eddie would go; they both look amazing. The burlap (original) is a little thinner than I thought it would be; it's just a single layer over the fleece, and because burlap is woven relatively loosely, it feels rather thin. It's very strong and durable though. The fleece polyester, and cushy, and it fits very snugly. I usually just throw it in my bag and go. It's not as protective as a harder-shelled case, but its plenty protective and pretty durable.

And it's kinda sexy looking. :)