Henry's 2017 Leopard Market Update.

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by RhianB, Dec 22, 2016.

1. RhianB macrumors 6502

RhianB

2017 Leopard Market Update
    Here's the 2017 Leopard Market Update! I have some new ideas, some other forum members have had ideas, and I have a whole new Leopard Market planned! It's going to be much more than just an app store and I think you'll all like it! There are, again, 5 buttons on top. Here's what they do:
    Featured
    This button is going to take you to the best of the next categories. The best of what you can get in the Leopard Market goes here.
    Apps
    This is where to find all of the PPC apps! They are organized by category and you can search them.
    Customization
    This goes beyond apps. In this section, you can download any software for your PPC Mac that isn't an application. Maybe a theme, an ArtFile, browser tweaks, or a dock (yes, technically that's an application, but most of us don't think of it as one). The idea is that anybody can upload their system customizations here. And then anybody can download them. I might replace this category with something else if I you say it's no good. So be sure to leave your opinion on this below!
    Foxboxes
    Foxboxes are kind of a pain to make, and then most people will also go to the trouble of changing the icon. So, in this section of the Leopard Market, you can upload your foxboxes and download ones uploaded by other users! I think this will make foxboxes easier to use and more people will start using them. Thanks @RhianB, he had this idea! It's preferred you change the icon before uploading, but maybe that won't be the rule.
    Developer
    If you develop PowerPC software, you can submit it to me here and I will put it in the Apps section (if you have a customization or a foxbox you can upload those in their sections). The credits will also be here (I made the big mistake of not including credits last time, sorry everyone who should've been there!).There's my latest Leopard Market update, and I hope you all like it! Remember, if you have any ideas for a change, an opinion, or anything you'd like to tell me, please leave it down below. I need opinions to improve this! Thanks for taking the time to read this.This was written by @HFTaylor12, and I thank @RhianB for posting it for me,

2. ApplesDotCom101 macrumors member

ApplesDotCom101

ummm What are FoxBoxes?

3. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

4. RhianB, Dec 23, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2016

RhianB thread starter macrumors 6502

RhianB

Here you go. It's not the easiest thing to coax out of a google search.

http://www.floodgap.com/software/tenfourfox/box/

From my layman understanding, it's a stand alone instance of tenfourfox dedicated/tailored to a specific website or service like iCloud for example. It helps our older 1999-2005 tiger/leopard ppc machines utilize these aspects of the modern 2016 web in quick[er] fashion.

I am using some of Nick and Henrys fox boxes - one for iCloud services like photos, another dedicated to Henry's leopard Market, and one for google maps. I admit they work really well. I am certainly a fan and look forward to learning the basics for making my own and sharing them on Henry's LM platform.

5. ApplesDotCom101 macrumors member

ApplesDotCom101

I'm already using it!

Noice.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Daniël Oosterhuis macrumors 6502a

Daniël Oosterhuis

I just wonder what happened to @HFTaylor12, since his ban was rather out of the blue and seemingly for no reason...?

7. RhianB thread starter macrumors 6502

RhianB

I would ask him for a progress report on Slack if you are curious.

8. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Just wanted to note here that before FoxBoxes there was Fluid. Both FoxBoxes and Fluid do the exact same thing, but the difference between the two is that Fluid is based on Webkit while FoxBoxes are based on Mozilla code.

One other important difference to note is that Fluid is self-contained. You can create an app for a site and it works. FoxBoxes, while great and far more modern, depends on TenFourFox being installed. They will not work without T4Fx.

The link I posted is for Fluid 0.89 which is the last version that was built to work in PowerPC. It's beta as well. Version 1.0 was never released for anything other than Intels.