Here Are All of The New Fall 2017 Apple Watch Bands That Launched Today

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 12, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today launched new bands for the Apple Watch, and announced new case finishes for the Apple Watch Series 3, during its special event at the Steve Jobs Theater in Apple Park, Cupertino.

The new bands begin with the "Sport Loop," which Apple describes as a "soft, breathable, and lightweight" strap that's made of double-layer nylon and fastens with a hook-and-loop enclosure that should make fitting easier. It's made for users who want to wear their Apple Watch while working out, with soft cushioning that allows moisture to escape.

[​IMG]

Sport Loop is available in Flash, Spicy Orange, Electric Pink, Midnight Blue, Black, Seashell, Dark Olive, and Pink Sand. Similar to other sport-related bands, Sport Loops cost $49.

There's also six new colorways in the classic Sport Band that users can choose from: Rose Red, Blue Cobalt, Ultra Violet, Dark Olive, Soft White, and Gray. There's just one new Nike Sport Band in Pure Platinum/Black. Similar to previous iterations of the Sport Band, the new colors are made with high-performance fluoroelastomer and are Apple's most water- and sweat-resistant Apple Watch band. Sport Bands still cost $49.

[​IMG]

Woven Nylon got one of the biggest updates today, with nine total new colorways: Dark Olive Check, Midnight Blue Check, White Check, Spicy Orange Check, Berry Check, Black Check, White Stripe, Midnight Blue Stripe, and Black Stripe. Woven Nylon bands cost $49.

[​IMG]

For anyone looking into buying a new leather Apple Watch band, there's quite a few new additions to the Classic Buckle and Leather Loop collections. Classic Buckle has Cosmic Blue, Pink Fuchsia, Dark Aubergine, and Ruby (PRODUCT)RED. Leather Loop has new Cosmic Blue and Charcoal Gray colorways. Classic Buckle and Leather Loop bands cost $149.

[​IMG]

Hermès has two new Apple Watch bands, the Bordeaux Swift Leather Double Tour and the same colorway in a Single Tour. The accessories cost $489 and $339, respectively.

[​IMG]

In addition to all of the new and updated band colorways, Apple unveiled a few new case options today. There's the usual silver and space gray aluminum, but Apple Watch Series 3 now comes in a new gold aluminum. Silver or space black stainless steel cases remain an option as well.

One of the more notable case additions is the new Apple Watch Gray Ceramic Case with Gray/Black Sport Band. This is the new "Edition" version of the Apple Watch, beginning at $1,299 and sold alongside last year's White Ceramic model.

[​IMG]

Elsewhere, Hermès has new Apple Watch collections with new bands that can't be purchased individually. These include the Single Tour Rallye in perforated Gala calfskin, inspired by the classic Hermès driving glove, and the Single Tour Eperon d'Or in printed Gala calfskin, inspired by the equestrian scarf pattern designed by Henri d'Origny in 1974. A new watch face, inspired by the Carrick Hermès watch, also designed by Henri d'Origny in 1993, completes the existing selection of Hermès watch faces.

Apple Watch Series 3 with cellular connectivity will be available in 9 countries and 14 carriers from September 22, while pre-orders for the device will go up one week prior on September 15. Visit Apple's website to browse all of the collections that will be available for pre-order.

Mitchel Broussard contributed to this report.

Article Link: Here Are All of The New Fall 2017 Apple Watch Bands That Launched Today

2. KPOM macrumors G5

3. RichTF macrumors regular

RichTF

Yeah, I know watch bands aren’t exactly the highlight of this keynote, but those new wrap-around sport bands look cool. Congrats Apple, you get my money, again.

4. ZMacintosh macrumors 65816

ZMacintosh

great improvements all around from tech to bands...but curious about the red dot? just an identifier of the generation or?

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

I was in front of my Apple TV with an uninterrupted 100mbs connection, but at least 50% of the keynote was unwatchable due to delays, hangups, and video/audio that was not synced. Nice job Apple.

It sure would have been nice to watch this live. :mad:

6. bookcase macrumors member

That has to be your internet connection because I watched on my Apple TV and it was flawless.

7. twinlight macrumors 6502

twinlight

Sweet new bands. On the fence for a new Watch but will most likely get a new band. Hoping that some new colors for cases and sleeves turns up for the iPad pro. Nothing was mentioned but could still happen when the store comes back.

8. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Thanks for letting me know. A lot of other people are saying it was flawless for them too. I kept checking my internet pipe and plenty of bandwidth was there. Just bummed because it really was a buzzkill!

9. DisNerd macrumors member

Can I buy a watch without a band yet since I already have 3? No? Ok

10. Beerstalker macrumors 6502

I really wish they would allow this. I've always thought it would make more sense if they just put the watch and charger in the box and sold the bands separately. Them maybe gave a small discount of like $10 for buying them both at the same time. I would think it would vastly cut down on the number of SKU's needed and simplify stocking in stores.

11. green94 macrumors regular

Had the same issue, connection kept dropping. Frustrating! I kept refreshing the page to fix it.

12. dampfnudel macrumors 68020

It was flawless with me (200mbps, Spectrum NYC), complain to your internet provider and maybe you'll get credit or something.

13. Cloudkicker macrumors regular

Cloudkicker

Same bands that have been around for decades on traditional watches & still fray & pills after reasonable wear over time?

But H&M scarf can cost $40 more & it's still made in China like a Wal-Mart similar. I know that's the way is when you buy into a brand as a "lifestyle".

Traditionally with Apple, you're willing to pay for quality craftsmanship of a MacBook or iPad. These watchbands seem to be an H&M scarf.

14. bluespark macrumors 65816

I'm digging that new blue. I think that's the only sale Apple gets from me this time around, but I'll enjoy that one.

15. pdaholic macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

Those new sport loop bands are catching my eye, but I’m wondering if they will retain sweat after exercising? I’m not going to change my band each time I go on a run.

16. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

I’ve ordered a Black Sport Loop 42mm because some colours, including Black, are showing as “This colour is available for a limited time only.”

17. TorontoSS macrumors 6502

Wonder if these will be available to look at in store, or on display as yet? its only been a day. Any idea from previous releases?

18. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

No those 12 seconds to change the band is a bit too much - get it :confused:

These bands look awesome - just ordered a black for the weekend - love the look. Did notice that the Nike Plus has a red "Nike Sports Loop" we can't see in Denmark (No LTE options) and not as a separate strap

19. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

The sport loop is what I've been waiting for! Already got my watch favorites for a quick buy. Can't wait!!

20. pdaholic macrumors 6502a

pdaholic

Uh, not really.

Eh, I think I saw they are $50? If they retain sweat, then probably not worth the hassle. The weave looks really tight though, so perhaps it won't. Looking forward to reviews.

21. bookcase macrumors member

Has anyone seen a video of how the sport loop works? Does it just fold over and stick to the strap. I always wanted a woven nylon band, but their one-size-fits-all didn't fit -- and I do NOT have large wrists.

22. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Shows hook and loop. Like Velcro.

23. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

7EB7D1BD-14B8-4CD8-AC21-F380BC33FCE2.jpeg
    This image suggests that it’s a one piece strap that folds back on itself and uses “Velcro” strips to remain in place.

24. testcard macrumors 68020

testcard

25. Nerfsqueezer macrumors newbie

The red dot indicates it is an LTE equipped watch. Non LTE has no dot