Here come the 7?

linxy33

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Hello community,

The 15" is sold out till Monday in almost all of the country (other than a few select spots).

I got it right last time due to my magic ball (2019) id expect to see new macs within a week.

Lets chat about it

chrfr

macrumors G3
Jul 11, 2009
Hello community,

The 15" is sold out till Monday in almost all of the country (other than a few select spots).

I got it right last time due to my magic ball (2019) id expect to see new macs within a week.

Lets chat about it
Apple is not discontinuing a MacBook Pro model after one month.

Howard2k

macrumors 68030
Mar 10, 2016
I'm going to go way out on a limb and say that at least one of those is ARM based and the 7 are not coming until Catalina is released. I have nothing of value to base that on.

Reactions: twanj

linxy33

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Apple is not discontinuing a MacBook Pro model after one month.
never said that either...….

but those trucks going to stores might as well be holding boxes of new mac models so they can stock up for release. hence the freeze on shipments of the 15".. but as you said no, they're not discontinuing it.

we were saying apple needs to update at the very least the bezel on the macs to stay in the game.. ehh.. 2 months ago? and any level headed soul would know that that needs to happen.. I don't think Apple is stubborn enough to not put out 1 "bezel-less" model ASAP to appease customers - keeping the same specs as the current 15" will keep the flood of angry customers at bay while we wait for a new processor in all the models (13,15,16) at the same time in mid 2020..

now that's thinking like a business.

linxy33

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
These MacBooks aren't coming out until Catalina is properly released. So Fall.

Unfortunately that's not the case this year.

If you go back and read the screenshot of the filing it says the macs will be running 10.14 - as you may or may not know that version of MacOS is current.

Howard2k

macrumors 68030
Mar 10, 2016
Unfortunately that's not the case this year.

If you go back and read the screenshot of the filing it says the macs will be running 10.14 - as you may or may not know that version of MacOS is current.
Would they be able to put 10.15 on there? Or would they have to use 10.14 because 10.15 hasn't been released?

linxy33

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Would they be able to put 10.15 on there? Or would they have to use 10.14 because 10.15 hasn't been released?
Because of 10.15 being previewed they would have to state in the filing the version the macs will run out of the box.

The reason they need to file in the first place is for selling machines with encryption - hence why they need to specify 10.14 They could have certainly put 10.15 if that was the case.

Apathy Overdose

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2018
Apple aren't going to release new MBPs only a month after they just refreshed the line. People are worried about the optics of releasing them in October even, definitely not happening anytime before.

Reactions: nouveau_redneck

linxy33

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Apple aren't going to release new MBPs only a month after they just refreshed the line. People are worried about the optics of releasing them in October even, definitely not happening anytime before.
read up -

it needs to happen before. they filed these machines under 10.14

Howard2k

macrumors 68030
Mar 10, 2016
Because of 10.15 being previewed they would have to state in the filing the version the macs will run out of the box.

The reason they need to file in the first place is for selling machines with encryption - hence why they need to specify 10.14 They could have certainly put 10.15 if that was the case.

Are you certain?

The iPhone XR was registered as iOS 11 in April 2018 (iOS 12 was not out) but was released with iOS 12.

Reactions: twanj

linxy33

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Are you certain?

The iPhone XR was registered as iOS 11 in April 2018 (iOS 12 was not out) but was released with iOS 12.
No, I am not certain but its a highly educated guess with where i have a very fortunate foot if not whole leg in the tech world.

Regardless id think its weird the 15" is sold out EVERYWHERE.. even Anchorage Alaska or maybe.. the apple headquarters store and all surrounding ones in Cupertino... ;)

Reactions: Howard2k

Howard2k

macrumors 68030
Mar 10, 2016
No, I am not certain but its a highly educated guess with where i have a very fortunate foot if not whole leg in the tech world.

Regardless id think its weird the 15" is sold out EVERYWHERE.. even Anchorage Alaska or maybe.. the apple headquarters store and all surrounding ones in Cupertino... ;)
I'm going to stick with a later this year launch tied with Catalina.

But I hope you're right and we get something better and sooner. :)

Apathy Overdose

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2018
Maybe the stocks are low because they just didn't expect to be selling as well as they're selling after all the negative presses. If anything, the current ones selling beyond expectations could only delay the redesigned machines.

linxy33

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 30, 2012
Maybe the stocks are low because they just didn't expect to be selling as well as they're selling after all the negative presses. If anything, the current ones selling beyond expectations could only delay the redesigned machines.
or something the lines of:

hmmmmmmmm what to get my newly graduated son/daughter as they head to college for veterinary studies... OH I KNOW!!! a fully speced MacBook pro with that there 2.4 i9 and 32 gigs of ram.... they'll love it!!

twanj

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2015
Pompano Beach, FL
I ordered a MBP 15" BTO from Adorama almost 3 weeks ago & it's still not available. Then I got a notice it would be dropshipped from Apple, but no updates...