Here I Go Again

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ITguy2016, Oct 8, 2016.

1. ITguy2016 Suspended

Just picked up another PowerMac G5 system for $50 including a 22" ADC. This is the entry level 1.6GHz model which appears to be stock except for the memory which was maxed out at 4GB. It even has the optional Airport card. I was struggling if I wanted to buy yet another PowerMac G5 (this will be my third in about four months) especially when it was the entry level model (I currently have the 1.8GHz). Given the $50 price combined with the 22" ADC I figured why not. I can always give it to someone if the basement gets too cluttered.

2. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

3. ITguy2016 thread starter Suspended

What is this converter box you speak of?

4. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

If the graphics card does not have an ADC port then you need an ADC to DVI converter box.

A1006.

[​IMG]

5. RhianB macrumors 6502a

RhianB

Nice! :) I scored a dual2ghz G5 for $20 off of CL. It doesn't have airport extreme, no disks and only 2gb pc3200 ddr but it was loaded with 10.5.8 and a bunch of software and I've always wanted one so I picked it up.

6. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

Great find! Tip: With that model, I recommend OS X Tiger if you don't need to run software that requires Leopard. But that's just my opinion.

7. ITguy2016 thread starter Suspended

Thanks for this. The graphics card does have the ADC port so I'm fine there. I hooked everything up and it's all functional. Having said that did you mean to say DVI to ADC converter box?
    --- Post Merged, Oct 9, 2016 ---
    I'm not sure what I am going to do with this system. I didn't have any plans for it prior to my purchase and I do not have any for it now. Which is why I waited a week before deciding to pick it up despite it only costing $50 for both items. I'll figure out something for it even if it's giving it away to someone who could find use for it.

8. AmazingHenry macrumors 65816

AmazingHenry

There's always a use for an extra Mac. Use it as a file server. Or a music player. I have good uses for all 5 of my Macs, even the G3 Clamshell. I'll bet you can find a good purpose for your PowerMac. ;)