Here is a new one!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by woodsea, Mar 9, 2008.

1. woodsea macrumors member

I bought an express to help my extreme blanket more area. I have been trying to change the the blinking orange light on the express to no avail. Now, that I have tried every scenario, my airport utility cannot find my extreme let alone my express.
    Ah, but now we have a conundrum, I still have wireless internet access via the unseen and still green lit Exteme.
    How can this be?
    How can I get to manipulate them both again?

Thanks in advance

2. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

Assuming you're trying to set up a WDS network, I suggest a couple of things. First, make sure you read documentation online in Apple's support area regarding WDS networks - they're a pain to get going and reading up on it will help.

Second, I suggest connecting your machine to your main base station (your Airport Extreme) via ethernet while setting it all up.

Third, reset both to factory default and use the Airport Setup Assistant to do it.

3. woodsea thread starter macrumors member

Thanks,
    I got it working with a lot of help. We had to hard reset both airports several times, and rename everything, change IP addresses. But, it finally worked. It was definitly not plug and play. But the greater range covers the whole lot. :)