Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnxw

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2013
Hi guys,

1. The internal photo of the ipad Air 2 suggests that the problem may come from the protruding chip(s), which points to the back of the LCD. When you press the back of the ipad where the chip(s) located it gives you the distorting image (small) on the screen.

See the attached photos (right, from ifixit teardown).

2. When you look at the ipad air (see attached, left), you can see it is pretty flat there (at the right edge). So it is obvious it may be the result of the new "thinner and lighter design".

3 In conclusion it may be a design flaw.

John

Attachments

• tVQvayERBfCgAUcC.jpg
    tVQvayERBfCgAUcC.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 64
  • yMuU4kkiQ5WLt2gx.huge.jpg
    yMuU4kkiQ5WLt2gx.huge.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 62

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hmmmmm...... My wife returned from a convention last night with her Air 1, and the Air 2 she bought on Friday. The Air 1 will make the same puddle if you push on the back, but you do have to push a little harder. The first Mini made a puddle thing when you pushed firmly on the screen. My wife's Air 2 can be made to show a tiny puddle, if I put my thumb on the right side, and push on the back. My car will veer off the road and hit a tree if I don't straighten out the steering wheel..... :D

This is not an issue for me. They have a great warranty should a problem arise. Since this can be made to happen on the Air 1, and we've owned two original Airs since the launch date last year, I'm still failing to see the issue/design flaw. If I hold my TV remote button down, the battery drains more quickly. A design flaw?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.