Here is my plan if a new iPhone comes out.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZebraineZ, Jun 7, 2009.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

My mom has a black 8gig 3G, I have a white 16gig 3G.

We bought our iphones both somewhere in april...

If a new iphone comes out I am think to jailbreak + sell my moms iphone, then giving my iphone to her which would still work on her sim.

Using the money we got from selling the iphone (which I still need some tips on, if thats allowed here) I will get the 32gig granted it is 299$ , hopefully they will let me use it with my current contract, or at least extend my contract to 2 years.

Does anyone think this will work or is a good idea?
    I have all the accecories and box and headphones etc... that came with both our iphones always kept on my desk, will that add value?

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

You will not be the only one following something similar to this. It is a fine plan, but you should make sure that you know the exact costs involved if money might be an issue. Since no one really knows how the pricing is going to work yet its hard to say exactly how much you will have to pay to get the new phone.

When you do go to sell you current phone having as much as possible of the original packaging and accessories will maximize the resell value.

3. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

I gave my old 2G jailbroken + unlocked 8gig to my cousin who rudely gave it to her friend. If I want I can see if hopefully her friend didn't sell it first, I can get it back and sell it which would make some extra money as well.

The speakers aren't working plus there is a small line across the screen in the middle horizontal. My mom bought it from her friend without anything for 150 bucks.

Even if the new iphone is 500 bucks I will still get it :) hopefully if its going to be that expensive let it please be the 32gig version with all new processor upgrades etc... Thanks alot for your help!

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

To be frank, that would be incredibly rude. When you gave it away you agreed to give up any control or claim to it. At least, that's my opinion. :eek:

If the phone you are going to sell is in crap condition, then just be prepared to dish out more for the new model, but still a not a bad plan.

5. ZebraineZ thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh enough with the legality blah blah, she gets half the money and I get half, since she gave it to her friend for god knows what f***ing reason...There are always people who buy crap stuff :) hopefully someone buys my crap.