iPad Here is my situation...I need advice please.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

So I have a Wifi 32 gb Black and Slate Ipad mini, and a Black Verizon 32gb Ipad 3. My ipad 3 is (unfortunately) under contract. I haven't used the data on my ipad 3 in forever, but it is cheaper to keep it, than it is to terminate the contract.

I was considering getting a refund on my 32 gb Wifi mini, and paying a bit extra to get the Verizon LTE mini, and put the mini on my data plan instead. Then I was going to sell my Verizon LTE 32 gb Ipad 3, and use the money to buy just a Wifi 32 gb Ipad 4. Do you think I would get enough money out of my 3, to get a Wifi 4? I could see myself using the LTE on a mini, more often than my heavier ipad 3. Or should I just keep my LTE Ipad 3, my wifi mini, and just ride out my contract, and get the ipad 5 when it comes out?

I would appreciate your opinion(s). Thanks in advance.

2. technopimp macrumors 6502a

:confused:

Do you HAVE to have both? I'm not even sure I'm following what you're trying to accomplish. Is it saving money?

3. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I currently have a wifi mini and LTE ipad 3. I don't use data on ipad 3, so was wanting to know if I should exchange wifi mini for LTE mini, and sell LTE ipad 3, to get a wifi ipad 4.

4. technopimp macrumors 6502a

If you don't use the data on the 3, why don't you just keep the Mini, sell the 3 and pay the ETF? It'll be cheaper than paying for data that you don't use in the long run. If you then also have to have a 4, get one.

5. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The ETF is $205 :(. If I keep the line it is $10 a month, and throughout my contract will be around a hundred dollars cheaper than the ETF would be. I don't understand it, but I've talked to two different people at Verizon and got the same answer.

6. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. lambo macrumors regular

I support your initial plan. I think it's definitely best to have a mini with LTE than a iPad. And I think you could afford a *16 GB* iPad 4 Wifi if you sell your 32 GB iPad 3 LTE. The difference has to be negligible.

So it looks like the only new cost would be the upgrade from mini to mini LTE which is like $150. So I say do it.

Although honestly I would just screw getting the iPad 4 all together and pocket the cash.

8. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thank you for your response! I do my gaming on my mini due to it's size, so I think I would be fine with a 16 gb wifi ipad 4. I haven't ever sold a Cellular Ipad before. So I need to remove my Sim card and obviously reset the ipad to factory settings and that is it? And obviously I will need to tell the buyer that they need to pick up a sim card in a Verizon store, if they plan on using the data on it.

I intend on selling this on Craigslist, to avoid Ebay fees and b/s. I intend to be firm about NO TRADING, though because people always try to trade whenever I sell somethings on Craigslist. It's quite obnoxious.

9. lambo macrumors regular

Yeah, just remove the sim and reset it. I had no problem selling my original iPad 3G on Craigslist years ago. I let the buyer play with it for a few seconds, and then I reset it in front of him.