Here is the offer I was presented with

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jharvey71884, Jan 19, 2016.

1. jharvey71884 macrumors regular

Currently I'm a sports reporter, so I'm out in the field a lot. I edit a lot of interviews in Final Cut Pro (but nothing taxing) and also take a lot of photos and edit in Lightroom.

I have:

2013 27' iMac - 3.2 Quad Core/24gb ram/1TB 7200 rpm/ 1 GB dedicated video

2013 13' Macbook Pro - 2.4 i5 Dual Core/8 GB ram/128 SD

But I'm really starting to hate having to worry about syncing files on both computers. I have an offer of $1250 for the iMac. I have a guy wanting to give me $800 cash for my Macbook Pro tomorrow.

Currently BHP Photo has a Late 2014 Macbook Pro 15' with 512SSD and 16GB ram for $1799 (no tax and free shipping). Thinking about purchasing it and using the extra money to purchase a monitor when I'm at home.

What are your thoughts?

2. Yaccity macrumors member

Yaccity

Seems pretty good to me. If you are selling it privately, then you get to keep all the money.

3. emilioestevez Suspended

emilioestevez

That's a really great computer, but don't you think fifteen feet's a little big?

4. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Generally a good plan... but a couple things to think about...
    • If you're on the road a lot, assuming you fly in economy class, the 15" MacBook Pro is a good amount less comfortable w/ the tray table than the 13".
    • 512GB is a lot of space, but if you're shooting and editing a lot of video, it may not be enough. You would know your workflow / file sizes better than us, though... so that's your call.
    The deal for the MacBook Pro seems pretty good, based solely on my quick glance at the refurb section of Apple's site and seeing that you're beating those prices (well, you didn't mention i7 v i5).

Overall, I'd do it, assuming you account for the caveats listed. I recommend the Dell U2715H monitor. You should be able to find it fairly inexpensively. Great panel.