Here is why iOS 8 battery usage screen still isn't very good.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bkends35, Sep 18, 2014.

1. bkends35 macrumors 6502a

bkends35

While the new usage screen is awesome how it tells you what drains your battery, it's quite stupid how it tells you the information. For instance, right now I can see what has killed my battery over the past 22 hours. This is nice but, I really want to see what has been draining my battery during the CURRENT BATTERY CYCLE. NOT the past 2 days, 24 hours, 7 days, 5 days or whatever. It needs an option to see what has been draining specifically since the device has gotten recharged.

Why you ask? Because as of right now, 'Photos' has been killing my background with background activity. This was only running yesterday since it was downloading all my photos from my iPad's iCloud photo library that has been setup since the GM release. So why should this be at the top of the usage screen since it hasn't drained almost any battery on this charging cycle (yes, it killed my battery yesterday)? It shouldn't. Apple needs to change this so there's an option to see what has been draining your battery during the current battery cycle.

/rant

2. Richardgm, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

You know, maybe Apple would resolve these small issues if they actually receive all these complaints:

Let them know (if you haven't already):

http://apple.com/feedback

3. TheWelshBoyo macrumors 6502

I think the biggest problem is that it only says the percentage an app has used, not how long the battery was in use for by that application per hour or so.

4. phillytim macrumors 6502a

phillytim

Exactly; Apple doesn't know what you want unless you tell it.

5. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

I couldn't agree more. A much more useful stat would be mAh/min. The percent battery usage tells me nothing about how efficient or inefficient the app is.