Here to stay?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aratio, Mar 10, 2009.

1. aratio macrumors member

Just speculating....

Do you think the MacBook whites will be here to stay a good good time?
    I mean, do you think it will be upgraded and upgraded and upgraded beside the unibodies?

Call me "retro", but I like a lot the white macbook case and its price is the best offer Apple can do right now; so I'd like to see more updates to the white macbook in the following months.

What do you think?

2. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

:apple:I give them till this fall since they were updated but not many people want them no that theres solid Aluminum.:apple:

3. svndmvn Guest

No, it's not here to stay, it still cracks if I'm not mistaking, polycarbonate is just a bad design choice.. It doesn't have an LED backlit display, the ports haven't been redesigned, Apple would have given it FW 800 since the Mini got it and a lot of people say Apple still cares about FW for consumers, which I doubt. It's pretty much the only product without a mini display port, it lacks multitouch. Reading today's rumor about a tablet like product makes me thing the whitebook's here just to preserve a pricepoint, since I guess aluminum ones are too pricey, still, to be sold for less than 1000$. When Apple will have 3 pricepoints for aluminum Macbooks the white one will be gone, it's even hard to spot on Apple's website, on the whole line-up..