Here we go again-3G Data Problems NYC

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drool6, Oct 13, 2008.

1. drool6 macrumors newbie

Just great.... been having great 3G data speeds for the past several weeks (after the data outage) and since last night (10/12) I cannot get a page to load. Sometimes it doesn't load at all, other times it takes about 5 minutes. What the heck is going on? I am in Woodside, Queens. I tried restarting/Restoring/etc...all that usual good stuff. Anyone else having the same problems?

By the way- Same problem on my wife's 3G phone.

Update: It seems like Edge does not work as well :(

2. Espo macrumors 6502

Same here. I'm in the Washington Square Park Area, the village and I have been having issues. I dont know what it is.

3. freejack macrumors regular

freejack

Turning airplane mode off-on doesn't seem to help either. Going to call att later to see what's up. If anyone gets a status from them please let us know.

4. bryan barrett macrumors newbie

:mad:3G sata service here in central jersey is also slow. I performed a hard reset to see if that would help and it didn't. Thought we were done with this crap!

5. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I was in Manhattan last week and I have to agree that you guys have it pretty bad. (Compared to Washington DC, anyway.)

I had 5 bars everywhere, but really terrible data speeds. I did hit some AMAZINGLY fast speeds right outside of the city. Faster than anywhere I've ever seen. Apparently your system is great, it's just over-loaded 99% of the time.

As for today, I had problems like these this morning here in DC. Dunno if there's some network problems all over or what, but it was temporary for me, at least.

6. Acejam2k macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

3G data is also very slow/non-existent here in Burlington, MA.

Posting this from my 3G using EDGE.

7. jeffdc5 macrumors member

jeffdc5

Why

why do we get charged $10 extra a month for slow service. AT&T and apple screwed us over on the iPhone. Slow network, spotty build quality, random crashes. I don't like paying 300 dollars plus a
    Monthly fee to be a beta tester.

8. mackid343 macrumors newbie

EDGE for me seems unbearably slow, often not loading images or anything but the text, if it loads anything at all. i'm in milwaukee wisconsin

:mad:AT&T service is so shoddy...

9. Mobile923 macrumors 6502

i was having some issues today also here in tribeca, but it wasn't as bad as it was last month...

i get some data here and there, some 3g, some edge... nothing to piss myself over though...

10. mackid343 macrumors newbie

same here. it works, but just barely. just like if your in the basement of a building and are only getting 1 bar

11. Nikhil72 macrumors 6502a

yup, I've been home for two days visiting family in New York. After a completely wonderful 3G experience in Philly, I've noticed that in New York, my 3G connection is extremely slow (if it pulls any pages at all). Thank god for WiFi, but this royally sucks a bit.

12. manhattanmania macrumors regular

i called there is an outage in NYC (at least 2 towers). 2 other ppl in my office have no service w/ 3G on either... they said to call so that they get out there faster, because not many people have reported it yet.

ATT rules!

13. TonyV125 macrumors newbie

Call Performance Also Reduced

I'm in the Princeton/Pennington area of NJ and, no more than a week ago, I noticed issues all of a sudden with voice, more so than data. Previously, my wife and I never had any dropped calls on our 3Gs, even before the 2.1 update. We've now had a handful.

We've both also experienced:
    • Garbled sound that makes it so hard to decipher what's being said on the other end that you have to end the call.
    • Incoming calls going directly to voicemail without our knowledge, and not receiving any indication of the missed call and the voicemail.
    Once again, none of this occured before a few days ago.

I'd say the issues are more widespread than NYC.

14. mackid343 macrumors newbie

now Milwaukee seems to be fine... strange how these things work

15. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I didn't even have EDGE near Hunter's College today.

16. bigmouth macrumors 6502

I feel the pain of those of you in NYC. I travel there fairly regularly and the difference between NYC and LA is always noticeable. All last week, my phone would switch from 3G to Edge despite having full bars.

I never experienced anything like this with prior 3G phones before introduction of the iphone 3G, so I really think it has something to do with the sheer number of users in the NY metro area.

17. drool6 thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems as if 3G/Edge Data is back to normal now... Let's cross our fingers and see how long this will last...

BTW.. when I was in Florida (Orlando Area), 3G was blazing fast... SO jealous..