Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
yet another quesy from me!
anyway,
in safari (on 10.3.8), is there anyway to change the google search bar at the top to search google.co.uk rather than google.com ? i search a lot using google.co.uk and hate having to manually get to it - apple has made me so lazy because everything is easy and theres usually a quick way to do things.
anyway, yeah, does anyone know how change this?
jon

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
john_satc said:
yet another quesy from me!
anyway,
in safari (on 10.3.8), is there anyway to change the google search bar at the top to search google.co.uk rather than google.com ? i search a lot using google.co.uk and hate having to manually get to it - apple has made me so lazy because everything is easy and theres usually a quick way to do things.
anyway, yeah, does anyone know how change this?
jon
In Firefox you can add more sites to the searchbar (and switch among them...)

I think there's a way to change the Safari pref or content (by hand) to search another site but I've no need for it, usin Firefox and all... ;)

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
If there is a way to do this I would love to hear it too as it drives me mad having to go to it manually each time when there's a lovely little Google search box up there taunting me.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
If this is an important feature, then try Firefox...

Here is how my search bar looks:

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 152

john_satc

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
B'ham Uk
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
If this is an important feature, then try Firefox...

Here is how my search bar looks:

thanks, but i personally prefer safari - dunno why. just do. anyone else have any ideas?

MacRy

macrumors 601
Apr 2, 2004
England
mad jew said:
Well try this:
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/24092

I haven't ever used it so I've got no idea if it's good or anything though. There are other similar programs out there on Versiontracker but this one was the first free one to come up.

Hope it works. :)

Just installed it and it works great. Just what I was after. Even adds a contextual option to search Google UK when you highlight and command click within Safari. Good work fella! :)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
MacRy said:
Just installed it and it works great. Just what I was after. Even adds a contextual option to search Google UK when you highlight and command click within Safari. Good work fella! :)[/QUOTE

No probs, I might just install it myself now. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.