HERE WEGO GPS Maps App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Linux Vista, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Linux Vista macrumors member

Linux Vista

I do not know why the old thread has been locked and then removed because this was a legitimate question that I really need to know. So here we go again. A simple question. How to make her repeat the previous last command? Sometimes it gets loud outside the car and even inside the car too.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

MOD NOTE: Your previous thread was sent to the Wasteland forum, because it was not clear at all what you were asking.

By "her" who do you mean? Which App are you using, etc... Please provide some context!

B

3. jacklivehere macrumors member

Probably he is referring to this app

HERE WeGo - Effortless city navigation by HERE Apps LLC
    https://appsto.re/us/PYo-4.i

4. Linux Vista thread starter macrumors member

Linux Vista

Yes. That's the app. By her I meant the navigation lady. Please help.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

To be honest op I have tried the app and it's pretty awful. You'd be better off with google maps. Even Apple maps puts it to shame.

6. Linux Vista thread starter macrumors member

Linux Vista

The only reason I Se it it's because it has full online capabilities which the Apple app has none and the Google one only has some. Please help. You guys.

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Do you mean offline maps?

B

8. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

You have got to be joking. I use this app everyday it is one of the best free gps apps and it has offline data so you don't even need to have any data connection.
    Both apple maps and Google maps need data. This app is owned by a group which includes mercedes benz and bmw. As far as I am aware there is no way to get a repeat of an instruction but then i have never seen such a facility on any GPS mapping system. Obviously if you take a wrong turn it will recalculate and give you alternative directions.

9. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Google maps has offline mode.

Maybe it depends on your location but around me it's outdated

10. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Well I have no idea where around you is but in the last three months i have used it in the UK. Spain and Ontario Canada and have never seen a problem with it. The maps are updated twice a month.

11. Linux Vista thread starter macrumors member

Linux Vista

No repeats? Oh no. HERE used to be OVI. OVI had a big fat REPEAT button. I was quite a hardcore Nokia fanatic. And then they've decided to abandon Symbian and opted for Windows Mobile. LoL. Sales still sucked but they've vowed that they would never go The Android Route. Going bankrupt Microsoft's bought them. Still barely managed to survived even Microsoft is selling the damn thing. Anyway. OVI was the best for smartphones at least. Remember your own voice thingy. Sad that HERE didn't retain the voice library of millions or at least recreate the feature :( Really Really

12. pacorob macrumors 68000

pacorob

I use another offline navigation app called Navmii I don't know if they offer a voice repeat feature though. You have to pay extra for certain areas/countries and if you also want to hear the street names but that will only cost you a few euros/dollars depending on the countries you want to use it in.