Here's 2 New Icon Themes Sure To Impress

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by PollyK, Jan 30, 2014.

1. PollyK, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014

PollyK macrumors regular

So far I've been circulating between MiUI, Nox, Click UI, and KitKat. Well I've now found 2 new instant favorites. One is similar to MiUI but noticibly nicer to me called Pop UI. The other is just pure beauty called Purity HD. And just to give you an idea how they look with a dark or light background, here they are:

P.S. I've also gone back to Adapt Display mode. The accurate color mode is just too damn boring for my taste now. The only time I want accurate colors is for videos. But to be honest, these icon sets look amazing with Adapt Display on. There's nothing better than the pure inky blacks of an Amoled screen to make colors pop with infinite contrast.

Pop UI:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Purity HD

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Pop UI looks pretty nice. Are the bubbles on icons from tesla unread?

3. PollyK thread starter macrumors regular

Yes. Size is set to medium with corner radius of 8, which means a full circle on the Purity HD icons. And it's the classic setting for the Pop UI icons.

4. sunnyj macrumors 6502

5. PollyK thread starter macrumors regular

It is Android Weather & Clock Widget. It's free. I've paid for other weather apps but found this one to be the nicest. It has a nice look, it shows the "feels like" temperature, and has a refresh button right on the widget. Highly recommend it.

6. sunnyj macrumors 6502

7. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

I love Click UI, it costs but I love the icons and the included wallpapers.

8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

How are you getting 3 rows of icons below the Android Weather widget. When I use it with the forecast on my HTC One, I can only get 1 row of icons below it and then the dock.

9. AppleRobert, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2014

AppleRobert macrumors 603

I see Purity by Freedom Design on the app store. Is that the same as Purity HD?

Themes are dependent on launchers, right? I'm using Touch wiz with my Note 3 so would I be outta luck with the themes mentioned? I'll change to check them out if need be but if that is the case, which launcher would I need?

I like the widget, thanks!

10. PollyK, Jan 31, 2014

PollyK thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using Nova Launcher. You can adjust the number of rows and columns. I've also got a Note 3, so lots of room for play.

11. PollyK thread starter macrumors regular

Here's the theme: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BladeXDesigns.PurityHD

You'll need a compatible third party launcher like Nova or Apex.

12. sunnyj, Jan 31, 2014

sunnyj macrumors 6502

thanks OP, here's my home screen now.
    [​IMG]

13. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I purchased it and also previously bought Nova Prime and use that launcher elsewhere. Looks like using Touch wiz will be put on hold for awhile. Thanks!

14. dkersten macrumors 6502a

Sorry if I missed it, but could you post those two backgrounds or link me to them?

15. PollyK thread starter macrumors regular

Looks good. Keep in mind with the widget you can launch your clock app by tapping the time, you can launch your Calendar app by tapping the date, and you can launch the weather app by tapping the weather. Or you can even choose which ever app you want to launch. My point being, you can get rid of the clock, calendar, and weather icon on your home screen if you want to save some space since the widget can launch all those apps for you. I myself keep them on their for looks. lol

Yup, it's great to have this level of customization for those of us who want it.

----------

Here you go.

Attached Files:

16. sunnyj macrumors 6502

i did not know that, thanks for the info:)

17. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I have a Moto G on 4.3 currently and when I downloaded Purity HD and installed it, opening it just force closes. I don't if anyone has that device and tried it but it failed every time I uninstalled it and tried it again.

Guess I will email the developer and let them know.

18. PollyK thread starter macrumors regular

Did you try applying the theme through your launcher instead the theme's app? I always go into Nova settings to change my theme.

19. AppleRobert macrumors 603

I didn't try that. I will reinstall the app and go that route when I get the chance. Thanks for the suggestion.

20. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

What launcher are you using? Im using Nova and i still cant get the badges to show up on anything except for Textra. They wont even show up for Gmail.

21. PollyK thread starter macrumors regular

I'm using Nova. Check your settings. Go into:
    Nova settings, Unread Counts, TeslaUnread settings.
    Then turn on whatever Unread count is available that you need.

22. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Did that. Im using Tesla unread but it doesnt work very well.

23. sunnyj macrumors 6502

i use an app called missed it. you can link missed it to the unread count in nova launcher and it will show you notifications for almost all apps.

24. Chodite macrumors 6502a

Chodite

Pop icons look good. Not sure I like them better than MIUI or Nox though.
    And not a fan of the Purity icons at all. Guess I'm in the minority :confused:

25. PollyK thread starter macrumors regular

And that's the beauty of Android, don't like something, change it. Icons are a big part of the look of our home screens. Can't imagine not being able to change something like that. Would really suck.