Heres a nice thought for all the original alu macbook owners...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by kierennyc, Jun 14, 2009.

1. kierennyc macrumors regular

If this sata interface issue isnt fixable via some kind of update, our older similar spec'd machines (with 3.0 Gbit interface) will probably be worth more on the second hand market than the current incarnation of the UMBP 13 inch.

Im basing this on the fact that i'll probably keep this machine for 3 years and by then SSD's will be a lot cheaper and more common. As a result a slower SATA interface would be a concern for somebody looking to buy a second hand machine.

Am I clutching at starws? :D

2. iVeBeenDrinkin' macrumors 65816

iVeBeenDrinkin'

It's a thought, lets leave it at that.

3. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Highly doubt that. The normal user looking to buy a MacBook will probably never even find out this information/care about it/notice any difference.

The word "Pro" on the MacBook is worth far more than 3gb sata II interface, and not just because of the word "Pro," but because of the nicer screen/better battery, and all the other well documented features of this new machine.

4. JimboJones97 macrumors newbie

Yes, yes you are.

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Shame, would have been nice if it worked.

6. harcosparky macrumors 68020

This *might* be true if the following conditions are met ....

1) Buyer knows the difference
    2) Buy wants to use SSD instead of HDD
    3) Buy looking at two notebooks of similar age, one Sata 1.5, the other Sata 3.0

Personally I don't think it will make that much of a difference, however IF you have Sata 3.0 and go to sell your notebook, SELL THAT FEATURE HARD to build value.

7. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

What issues are you guys talking about and is this with the new 13 MBP or the Classic 13 uMB ?:rolleyes:

Starting to worry there is something to be said on selling my uMB 2.4 and getting a new MBP 13 or 15?