Here's a puzzler...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by theosh, May 23, 2008.

1. theosh macrumors member

Lately when I install an app installer shows it downloading, installing and cleaning up. However here is where it goes bad. It doesn't really seem to install. There is no icon on my IPT. However with finder it shows up, but the icon in finder is the blue question mark. So, I have a bunch of these question marks with the name of the app (Feeds.app for example) but it a blue queston mark button. How do I get these to install or what went wrong with my installer. This happens with every app I install now.

GGGGGRRRRRRR
    thx.

2. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

Try SSHing BossTool on your iPod, then running it's 'Move Applications' function.

3. theosh thread starter macrumors member

....all jacked up

I wish I could. It keeps closing the session when I try to SSH. I know an App. didn't install correctly. I think thats when it got all jacked up. So since I cannot add any more apps to it and it is packed with my work stuff / music I am just gonna wait until the new software update. =(
    Is there a command in vt100 to delete programs? I can view all the software that isn't installed correctly I just dont know how to get rid of it. No, it doesnt show up in installer, but in vt100 with the "ls" command I can see them.

4. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/9A3B Safari/419.3)

restore.

Bosstools wouldn't do anything for you

5. theosh thread starter macrumors member

restored!

Finally after 3 full restores my IPT is stable. Lifes good. I love this thing!