iPad Here's a tuff one for you guys!

Discussion in 'iPad' started by cuttlefish, Jul 28, 2013.

1. cuttlefish macrumors newbie

It appears I am the only one in the world who has encountered this problem, or according to Google that is!

My iPad5 occasionally changes over to "VoiceOver" under Accessibility options for no reason whatsoever or none that I can see anyway!

I doubt there is a hot key for this that I am hitting it accidentally and no way do I go to this setting to trigger it off!

So why does it do this? It is a pretty rare occurrence, about once or twice a month at most but once it goes to this mode it is extremely difficult to deactivate as the swipe functions no longer work all that well. You can use any combination of fingers but as the Accessibility prompt is "below" the screen size (out of sight) you can't just tap on it to cure the problem.

The only way I have found to get out of this mess is to make never ending up-swipes with from one to ten fingers until eventually you crack it and the Accessibility prompt does come into view whereafter it is no problem to strangle the brutes neck!

I have Googled the world for an answer but have not as yet found anybody who has had the same issue - velly intellesting no? :eek:

2. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I'm trying to figure out how you have an iPad 5 already :confused:

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yes, there is a "hot key" to toggle VoiceOver -- it happens if you click the home button three times.

To toggle it back off, triple click the home button again.

I thought there was an option to set the triple click to do nothing, but right now I can't find it, so I might be remembering it wrong.

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

In order to set triple home click to nothing you just have to unselect the checked option. Took me a while to figure that one out.

5. AppleDeviceUser macrumors 6502

AppleDeviceUser

I figured it out, you said you have the iPad 5 of course no one has your problem, the iPad 5 is not even out yet.

6. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

7. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Hurry back OP and correct this fast :D :eek:

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Have you googled the phone number you would use to ask Apple about your problem?

9. nancyfromafrica macrumors member

He was given an iPad 5 for testing purpose.

10. Prawnstar69 macrumors regular

I'm planning to buy an iPad 5, tell me what's new? Better camera, fingerprint sensor? Tell me!! Thanks.

11. saberahul macrumors 68040

I'll give you a tough one - randomly got perfectly aligned squares at the top of my iPhone 5 screen underneath the display. Showed to Apple and after doing all sorts of tests the display engineer (the one who changes the display in the store) couldn't tell what the issue was or what was causing it. He changed the display for me so I'm all good now but could never understand the issue…

12. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga