Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
What are you talking about?

You have no link
You have no alternatives

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

JPIndustrie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 12, 2008
Queens, NY
What are you talking about?

You have no link
You have no alternatives

Woof, Woof - Dawg
pawprint.gif

i didn't say I heard it from anywhere. I just thought about it. Would be an interesting development is all.

I thought people would discuss it. It doesn't necessarily have to require proof to discuss.

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
I don't think so because:

A. Why would it be named pro if it didn't have a non-pro version??
B. I think this will be priced at a MacBook Air price if it did exist.

Ams.

I'm thinking along the same line. So... they are making the air available to everyone and the white macbook is the last macbook standing.

A possibility, if they come up with a laptop without a keyboard, would be to replace the air as the hip, small, expensive, portable, not totally capable machine.

Then put a drive-less alu macbook with the macbooks, possibly a bit thicker than the current air to keep the price down and have a core2duo and a fully capable 9400M in it. Seems like something big enough to differentiate a macbook from a macbook pro. It's important to note that it's not that complicated for apple to come up with new macbooks as the unibody process enables them to change the parts simply by changing the CAD design. Also, they already have the essence for the logic board, just remove a few ports from the white macbook's.

Mind you, I don't see apple releasing a tablet. It just doesn't suit their current line. It would just be a big iPhone running os x. But if you want to get something accomplished in os x, it would need a screen like what is in the vaio P, an 8", seems fair enough. But it's use seems quite dubious, at least for me. Too big for most people to bring it with them everywhere and not useful enough to replace a keyboarded laptop. Other than if apple comes up with a way to type at a fair speed, it would be doomed to become a novelty item.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.