Here's how much every iphone 6 & 6 plus actually cost

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It really is no surprise at all. Every time an iPhone is released someone informs the public of the true cost to manufacture.

SWMichael

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What's never factored in to that cost however is the R&D, design, packaging, and all the other stuff.

I've been inside one of the offsite R&D sites near the main campus, and believe me they spend lots of money developing the manufacturing process before they install the setup over in China for production.

borcanm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
What's never factored in to that cost however is the R&D, design, packaging, and all the other stuff.

I've been inside one of the offsite R&D sites near the main campus, and believe me they spend lots of money developing the manufacturing process before they install the setup over in China for production.
That's true.

oplix

Suspended
Jun 29, 2008
New York, NY

Exactly. The cost to make the iPhone exist is leaps and bounds above the cost of the materials.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.