here's relief:

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by copykris, Nov 29, 2009.

1. copykris Suspended

copykris

so anyway, i'm sitting at my desk, headphones on, listening to my naked/sleeve-/caseless ipod touch, all caught up in excitement; i forget i'm wearing headphones and swing my arm down hitting the headphone cable which in turn jerks my touch off my desk, my heart skips 3 beats as i grab the cable in slo mo hoping the jack stays the f in, back of my mind already sees ipod touch display glass shattering, bringing the music and my day to an abrupt end but thank GOD the jack holds, music keeps playing as the ipod dangles some 4 feet above the ground

JESUS!

point to this post other than venting relief? errr... ipod touch needs a magsafe type headphone jack? :rolleyes:

2. CJS7070 macrumors 6502a

CJS7070

Good idea, but I can only imagine how many people would have a problem with the fact that they would need to use Apple headphones/earbuds...

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

really? how would you design this

the reason a magsafe works on a laptop is because a laptop is relatively heavy

an ipod is too light for this to work

4. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I would rather have a magsafe dock connector. Or better yet, wireless syncing. Get rid of that cord.

5. copykris thread starter Suspended

copykris

i know i know, also the jack would let loose way too easily when the ipod was carried around in your pocket etc.

i'll settle on the venting relief reasoning