Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RunOverProducti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
No matter what new product comes out and you already have Apple products, most likely you have a charger or a car charger that will be compatible.

I don't know, I just think is awesome WE don't have to keep buying new travel chargers and stuff...Apple is cool:cool:

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
I think this is the same of any branded product? Dell always works with Dell, Nokia with Nokia etc?

RunOverProducti

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
I think this is the same of any branded product? Dell always works with Dell, Nokia with Nokia etc?

Nah, not for the most part...New product new charger...

Specially Nokia, different types of charges for different types of phones...

FotoDirk

macrumors member
Apr 5, 2010

Not with camera's. Every time you buy a new Canon DLSR you get a new charger and a new type of battery. I can understand that between entry and professional models there might be a need for a difference. But was hoping they could handle their entire line with only 2/3 types.

Buy the way I also have 2 Nokia chargers. These things do change from time to time.

Even Apple shall consider a change. As they defined a new standard for cell phones. So in principle every cell-phone manufacturer will have to apply to this new standard. That would mean that your charger can stay also when you move on to another brand. Today these cell-phone chargers are compiling a big waste pile.

AdamA9

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2010
Not with camera's. Every time you buy a new Canon DLSR you get a new charger and a new type of battery. I can understand that between entry and professional models there might be a need for a difference. But was hoping they could handle their entire line with only 2/3 types.

Buy the way I also have 2 Nokia chargers. These things do change from time to time.

Even Apple shall consider a change. As in principle they defined a new standard for cell phones. So in principle every cell-phone manufacturer will have to apply to this new standard. That would mean that you charger can stay also when you move on a another brand. Today these cell-phone chargers are compiling a big waste pile.

Importantly the lenses are all compatible.

But I wasn't aware that the MBA charger worked with the MBP? My iPod doking station didn't work with my iPhone either.

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro

I have 6 dell laptops at my house and they all have different chargers. I have them numbers so they don't get mixed up because some have the same sized port, but a two prong versus three prong. Could they be interchangable? Maybe. But I'm not going to chance it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.