Here's something I like about Apple which you may agree.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by RunOverProducti, Apr 9, 2010.

1. RunOverProducti macrumors regular

No matter what new product comes out and you already have Apple products, most likely you have a charger or a car charger that will be compatible.

I don't know, I just think is awesome WE don't have to keep buying new travel chargers and stuff...Apple is cool:cool:

2. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

I think this is the same of any branded product? Dell always works with Dell, Nokia with Nokia etc?

3. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

Nah, not for the most part...New product new charger...

Specially Nokia, different types of charges for different types of phones...

4. FotoDirk macrumors member

Not with camera's. Every time you buy a new Canon DLSR you get a new charger and a new type of battery. I can understand that between entry and professional models there might be a need for a difference. But was hoping they could handle their entire line with only 2/3 types.

Buy the way I also have 2 Nokia chargers. These things do change from time to time.

Even Apple shall consider a change. As they defined a new standard for cell phones. So in principle every cell-phone manufacturer will have to apply to this new standard. That would mean that your charger can stay also when you move on to another brand. Today these cell-phone chargers are compiling a big waste pile.

5. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

Importantly the lenses are all compatible.

But I wasn't aware that the MBA charger worked with the MBP? My iPod doking station didn't work with my iPhone either.

6. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

I bet that the original charger that came with your iPod WILL charge your iPhone though, go find it...

7. mullman macrumors 6502

mullman

Y, that FW400 cable from the original iPod will charge your iPhone right up. :rolleyes: :)

8. RunOverProducti thread starter macrumors regular

LOL

9. H00513R macrumors 6502a

H00513R

One of the good things about Apple - integration across the line.

10. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I have 6 dell laptops at my house and they all have different chargers. I have them numbers so they don't get mixed up because some have the same sized port, but a two prong versus three prong. Could they be interchangable? Maybe. But I'm not going to chance it.