Here's to you fedex/UPS man/women

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ryanhdd, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

Props to all those deliveries you will be making.

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

There's only one UPS and FedEx guy working on Friday?!

3. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

4. Pipper99 macrumors 68000

Pipper99

A friend of mine is a fedex driver. She dreads iphone launch day primarily because she has to get a signature on each of those packages.

5. shox2k2 macrumors 6502

Please have no issues like you guys did before Christmas. Although not the fault of the drivers it was still a mess. You guys can only deliver what is given to you. So here's to hoping the sorters don't screw it up.

6. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I wondered how they feel about iPhone delivery day. At the same time, I'm sure they are greeted by lots of happy customers though!

7. mantan macrumors 68000

I have a buddy who drives for UPS that DREADS launch day too...even though he knows it's a big part of their business. Like he says, at least kids are somewhat rational and patient at Christmas. ;)

His biggest complaints are people who stop him along his route trying to get their package early. He understands their eager to get their device. But his deliveries are all in order - so to stop, check the ID, then hunt it down slows him down. Plus it's not like one or two people...it's several people along his route.

There are people who complain if he leaves the package without having someone sign for it. But others will complain if they weren't there to sign and he didn't leave it.

He says there are lot of people who are very happy and that part is cool.

8. gzzzz macrumors newbie

Well, Hello there UPS man

Attached Files:

9. Dizzy810 macrumors member

I'm lucky that I'm friends with my UPS driver. I can text him and ask him to deliver my packages first thing in the morning. Either that or I can go meet him. On iP5 launch day we were his first stop. Unfortunately, this time around I am in the Oct 1-6 delivery date group.

10. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

When the iPhone 5 came out, I spent 20 minutes with my UPS guy opening the phone and turning it on for him. I'm betting he will do the same thing this time. I'm usually the first on his route.

11. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

a buddy of mine is a UPS driver, he knows he's in for a long day when this day comes.

12. Justin33 macrumors regular

Justin33

Hey guys, you do know that you can call UPS and have them HOLD the package at the delivery hub (there are probably several around your city) on delivery day and just go pick it up yourself?

I think they open at 7 or 8am. Maybe earlier. For me its a 15min drive and BAM I got my stuff without having to wait all day.

Just sayin.

13. Batman89 macrumors 6502

14. McBeats macrumors 6502a

15. refslady macrumors regular

The signatures probably make it worse than the week before Christmas... and then there are the people who will chase the truck down the street call FedEx and swear that the delivery person never rang the doorbell....

16. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Got ups my choice premium...so I'll just set the delivery time as early as possible. Unless it's fedex...then I'll just wait.....right by the front door....next to my dog....probably in the same stance and look on our faces.

17. refslady macrumors regular

It makes me wish I could bake cookies for him on Friday, or something!!

18. Kidd Taco macrumors newbie

When the iPhone 5 launched I had a small thank you bag for the delivery guy - Redbull, Water, Gatorade and some Granola bars. Nothing big, but it was something. I've since then moved and have a different driver, i will do the same thing this Friday!

19. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

Definitely waiting for "THE UPS/FEDEX DRIVER STOLE MY IPHONE" threads.

20. Devildog08 macrumors 6502

Devildog08

Lol

21. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

22. BenDo macrumors member

xD

23. TheBuffather macrumors 6502

TheBuffather

My UPS and FedEx delivery guys are awesome. I really do appreciate them. One time, I had a wonderful lady from FedEx call my cell number (I left a note with my number) to tell me she couldn't leave the package (it was a Dyson), but she would meet me somewhere locally if I was able to meet before 9pm. I tried to give her a cash tip, but she refused and simply asked I put in a good word. I haven't seen her in a while; I suppose she moved on. What a kind person.

24. elvistcb macrumors newbie

Reminds me of the days long ago when I worked for USPS and I had to have a signature for food stamps. Every dang one as it was back when they sent paper booklet coupons in the mail. I had a route with lots of poor people. Not to stereotype but two trailer courts full of them!! OMG. And they would try to find you all day on the route and try to get you to give them up early. Just like iPhone. LOL.