Here's what would really suck

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NDimichino, Mar 19, 2008.

1. NDimichino macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I was just thinking, what if these apps come June are like huge files and we (Those of us that have our phones filled primarily with songs and other good stuff) can each only fit like two or three apps each before we run out of space?

I really would hate to have to take music off to fit apps, but I guess if I had to I would.

I'm also one of those 4-gig people so I know this is probably a huge possibility for me.

2. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

Well, I'm sure that Apple has figured out some incredibly magical way for a program to reside on your device but also not take up any space at all. :rolleyes:

Seriously though, most of these programs will probably be incredibly small.

3. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

From all the Jailbreak apps out there, I do not think the new iPhone apps will be very big at all ~5Mb or under. Check out the apps under the installer like Lights out or the ROMS, they are small. Space will not be an issue.

4. m477h3w macrumors 6502

As previous posters have said, these apps will be small, no need to worry :D

5. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

hopeso!

6. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

I hope you're right but I've already gotten the "Limited Space Left" message while installing Summerboard themes and third part apps, most of which are under a MB... so it is going to be an issue for 4-gig owners like myself as well as all others that already have most of their memory used up with music/videos/etc.

7. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

It may be an issue for you. But do some recon on your side and really clean up the device. Get rid of tunes you don't jam to and get rid of Old School because you can probaby already repeat the entire film. Catch my drift?

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

When these apps come out, most iPhone owners will have 8GB models. Therefore, I can't see developers releasing a ton of stuff that takes up a ton of space. Don't forget that any application or whatever that would only exist on a CD can take up no more than about 800GB. Most iPhone stuff would be slimmed down because people don't want to clog their entire phone up with 2 or 3 apps.

However, in about 2 or 3 years when they start breaking the 100GB mark, this could start changing.

9. domness macrumors 6502a

domness

I can't believe people actually think apps will take up loads of space!!

Come on..... LOOK at your PC/MAC!! Applications don't even take up much space on there!!

i.e. a FULL big game... 5GB maybe?

I don't know..

But mobile applications... we'll be able to fit hundreds on! Just think about how many we can fit on with Installer... like all of them!

800GB CD? I think you mean 750-800MB... Lol!

10. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

Full-on mega PSP games are about 800mb-1.2gb in size.
    I'd imagine most apps will be only a few mb in size(5-10mb), whereas full game titles from the likes of EA, Sega, etc would be no bigger than 300-400mb, judging by PS1 game sizes.

11. NDimichino thread starter macrumors 6502a

NDimichino

Yeah, so I'd be able to have a small handful of them before I had to start deleting music... kinda sucks but I'll talk the good with the bad