Here's your laugh for the day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by white4s, Jul 16, 2014.

1. white4s macrumors 65816

2. Crichton333 macrumors 6502

Crichton333

There was some seriously bad word of mouth going on for S5 because of the embaressing software bugs. What a shame.

3. shawndc1 macrumors regular

damn thats pretty sad considering the fact even their commercials bash apple, ive always said if all your commercials bash the competition youre really the one hurting,

4. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

Saw this yesterday. What most people do not understand is, Android is actually pretty decent. It has come a long way since the first version. It's just the Samsung experience which is awful and makes it really terrible. Everything lags when running a Samsung phone. Android on the HTC One M8 is night and day.

5. sguyx macrumors newbie

Because S5 doesnt sell as much as 5S it is embarrassing? for whom? S5 is not the only phone Samsung sells - it is only one of the their high-end devices and they have huge range of smartphones from the bottom price to the top.

Apple has no competitors among iOS - Samsung has several competitors among Android. So it is not only "Samsung vs Apple" -thing. And actually Samsung sells pretty well among android devices. S5 still wont sell well, because a) there isnt much difference between S4 and S5 b) there are other several high-end devices and coming soon which people are waiting including iPhone6.

It would be interesting to see how well Apple could sell if there were other iOS manufacturers. I feel it is abit stupid to compare just a one model to iPhone 5S. Samsung has many models. If you check the sales from the last year 2013, you will see that Apple sold 151 million units while Samsung sold 300 million units.
    http://images.latinpost.com/data/images/full/6862/screen-shot-2014-02-14-at-9-30-18-pm-png.png

6. 617aircav Suspended

Whats embarrassing is people rooting for phones like its sports team. Why does a consumer care what an item sold? I care how much apple sells because i have their stock. If i didn't i would not care.

7. matttye macrumors 601

8. FatPuppy macrumors 68000

FatPuppy

9. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Samsung is brute forcing their way into people's mind share, but it's only artificial, they are only as good as their current offering and simply don't have the follow built up over the decades by Apple.

Galaxy S5 was not a good update. Terrible design, internals matched by others, so it does not sell as well. It also does not help that they're flooding the market with different variants.

10. BeeGood macrumors 68000

BeeGood

That and the phone is widely considered to be ugly with the dimples on the back.

Definitely a shame. The Galaxy line could be epic if they'd make it out of decent nice looking materials and didn't Touch*Wiz* all over android.

11. sideshow23bob macrumors member

We should want Samsung (HTC, LG, etc.) to be more competitive with Apple to pressure Apple to innovate or bring down prices faster. If Apple runs away with it, then they'll have less incentive to compete like the broadband internet industry.

12. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Interestingly I used a Samsung tablet for work today and you're right; it's a total disaster.

- Holding Shift on the keyboard to enter capital letters works when entering a Wi-Fi password, but not when entering the network name (you need to press and release Shift, then press the letter).
    - That same Wi-Fi connection window is very small and only shows two fields plus a greyed-out "Connect" button, with no visual indication that the window is scrollable.
    - Ridiculously short 15-second default timeout before the screen turns off, even when plugged in.
    - Initial setup asked for my country, then proceeded to leave the clock set to GMT.
    - "Swipe screen to unlock" only works if you start swiping from the right-hand side of the screen.
    - "Internet" app on the home screen had no URL bar.
    - Default news app on the home screen says that it doesn't know which country I'm in, despite selecting it in initial setup.

That's just from my first 20 minutes. It seems that Apple doesn't have anything to worry about :p

13. Yoshi Yogurt macrumors regular

Tried to get the S5's heartbeat sensor to work and IT NEVER recognized my heartbeat. Buddy got it to work once...What a joke, don't even bother including a useless feature if said useless feature doesn't even work.

14. cynics macrumors G4

I'd give it more then 20 minutes. I could have made an equally silly list in my first 20 minutes of iPad use.

15. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Are you saying i cant root for apple like a sport team cuz i dont have stock/it's not a sport team?
    Well people root for sports teams becuase thats something they care about and they pick a team they want to win. I like tech. And mostly apple. So Apple is my sport team! DEAL WITH IT!!!
    I do root for the Buffalo Sabres but that doesn't really go that well :D

----------

My iPhone 4 which came out close to 4 years ago can take my pulse perfectly every time. Samsung should have been able to pull off a special heart rate thingy...

----------

I laughed... Maybe you don't get it :D

16. AppleAlexander macrumors newbie

17. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 603

The-Real-Deal82

The funny thing is when Samsung are out-selling Apple and I mention that scenario, it gets shot down in flames by the Apple bashers who won't entertain it. When Apple have a better period than Samsung, its totally fine to mention how many phones Samsung has in the range to even things out and find a victor.

I do agree with you though ;)

18. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I did give it more than 20 minutes; I used it for several hours. That list is just what I found in those first 20 minutes.

I don't own an iPad either so I don't know how silly tablet iOS is :)

19. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

This is the iPhone thread, I understand but,

Samsung's Galaxy S5 is a failure because it didn't deliver on the rumors.

Rumored/leaked Samsung Galaxy S5
    - 5.2' QHD (2560x1440) super AMOLED
    - Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (2.5 Ghz Quad-Core)
    - 3GB RAM
    - 3,000 mAh

Actual Samsung Galaxy S5
    - 5.1' FHD (1920x1080) super AMOLED
    - Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 (2.5 Ghz Quad-Core)
    - 2GB RAM
    - 2,800 mAh

The best selling Samsung smartphone without a doubt, no argument is the Galaxy Note III.

20. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

You can adjust pretty much all of that in the settings, and learn to use the rest correctly ;-)
    I have an iPhone and a Samsung tablet. The tablet is actually very good. It has a great battery life, doesn't lag at all and is a joy to use.

21. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Just like iPhones are failures because they don't deliver on the rumors?

22. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

Um

Attached Files:

23. hovscorpion12 macrumors 65816

hovscorpion12

Which galaxy tablet do you own. I have the Note 10.1 2014 (Wi-fi)

24. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

It means a lot more for a person like me who has been an Apple person my whole life. It was like that for those of us that rooted for Apple during the 90's through 1% of the market. Things certainly have changed, but I have been around here for awhile.

25. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

I have the lowly Note 8.0 running KitKat.