Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mugs

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2007
Walton-on-Thames, UK
hey, I have been searching the internet for ages trying to find a version of heroes 3 complete for mac, the only place I can find it is amazon for $150!!! But I live in the UK. After not being able to find it for ages I decided to look if there were any torrents for it, and I found one. After downloading it, it installed perfectly on my imac g3, but the play disc part of the torrent won't work. There are only two files in the play disc folder and they are: Heroes3.snd and heroes3.vid and they are in a folder called data. I've tried everything but the install keeps saying I have to insert the play disc even though I have made a cd of those files and they are in the computer! I know it's illegal torrenting the game but there is literally no way of getting this game in england! If anyone could help it would be much appreciated.....and if anyone has the game and doesn't want it anymore I would love to make an offer. Thanks.

Mugs

comictimes

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Berkeley, California
I'd definitely offer to send you my copy since I'm definitely not using it anymore but if I still have it at all it's at my home in California while I'm in Massachusetts.

If you still want it in later December let me know then :eek:

Mugs

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 17, 2007
Walton-on-Thames, UK
hey thanks a lot for the offer. But randomly a friend of mine, who I didn't even know had a mac, let alone heroes 3, told me that I could have his!!! It installed perfectly and works really well on the old iMac g3!!! I love this game so much. Hehehe. Anyway thakyou so much for the offer, it's really kind of u. Thanks

ilovesneakerz

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2009
Hey comictimes, do you still have that copy? I lost the play disk for mine when I was moving out of my old house.

jetkid

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2011
Anyone has Heroes III for Mac?

Hi Guys,

Anyone has Heroes III for Mac?
Would be glad if you can send me a copy. Complete would be great.

I'm in Berlin

Cheers,
B

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
I run Heroes 3 in VMWare. Works absolutely perfectly. Better option than running the Mac version.

Note that Heroes 3 works in OS 9 only, there was never an OS X version.

Angels&Airwaves

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2007
as the previous poster said you will need a mac with classic mode to play this great game. i don't have one so i play heroes in bootcamp under windows xp.

Last edited by a moderator:

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
+1 for heroes3+wineskin, it's an old game and runs very well in wine.
The mac version needs os8 or older I guess and running a old mac emulator is more troublesome than using wine.

carolo

macrumors newbie
May 24, 2013
I'd definitely offer to send you my copy since I'm definitely not using it anymore but if I still have it at all it's at my home in California while I'm in Massachusetts.

If you still want it in later December let me know then :eek:

I want it if you still have it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.