Heroes season 4

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Dagless, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well Heroes 4 is upon us. I said I wouldn't watch it but I'd at least like to see the first episode(s). 2 episodes tonight. Have at you!

Also: There will be spoilers during and after an episodes airing. I suggest that any leaked spoilers for upcoming episodes and events be kept in white text please. :)

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

FAFAFA is better than white.

But sometime during season 3 I killed off all the characters in my head and deleted all unwatched episodes from my DVR. I think it was shortly after Kristen Bell's character left.

I need to see how many other shows I have this season. Maybe I'll catch up and come back if Season 4 gets decent reviews.

3. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

unless the show gets high reviews this year, i'll pass on season 4. last season's ending was the last straw for me. and what i have read about this year, i don't expect it to improve.

4. tnisatard macrumors 6502

heroes went downhill so bad after the first 2 seasons

last season's finale was horrible, they need to show some fight scenes, and cylar, my favorite character has turned into a complete wimp!

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I definitely will check it out. I liked the end of last season a lot. From what I've seen, they're getting back to basics. I may not get to see it tonight, but I'll check it out for sure.

6. Randman macrumors 65816

Randman

I gave up on it early last season so I'll likely switch between it, The Big Lebowski on Vs. and the MNF game tonight.

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I actually did get to see it tonight. It was OK. I'm hoping it picks up a bit, but it wasn't a bad start.

8. mgargan1 macrumors 65816

mgargan1

I live in Arlington, VA... where Claire is supposedly going to school. There is no Arlington University. But, I understand... it's just a show.

9. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

I have enjoyed this episode, but because I missed most of the last two seasons because of travel/appointments at the show time, I know I missed a looooooooooooooooooooooot. :eek:

10. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I watched tonights season premier. It was pretty good.

Lot's of things going on, a new group has emerged. So far it's a better start than last season.

I liked Kristen Bell's character too. I'm surprised they killed her off. I swore I wouldn't watch this season, but hey, it's like those "B" movies where you have to sit through it to see if it get's any better. Sadly they never do...

11. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Well that was a surprise, it was actually quite good.
    Although the travellers... W(here)TF are they supposed to be from? At times I heard various Irish accents, then, well I don't know! It was quite hard to pin down.

I think I'll stick around a bit longer.

12. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

Interesting to find that Hiro's powers came after the visit to the carnival.

Is the fortune teller the 3rd sister? I don't see how since Hiro was there 14 years earlier. Unless it was a different fortune teller.

Cool to see the Old guy could send other people through time. It didn't seem that he had to go himself.

Who was the healer? Or am I thinking of a different show... Looks like Hiro needs some help, but I'm sure they'll find some Cheesy way to save him...

13. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

It wasn't bad, although predictable, after last season's ending. I'll keep watching cuz I'm a sucker like that for superhero stories. :D

14. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I thoguht it was pretty dreadful.

The massive product placement/commercial for Guitar Hero 3 right in the middle of the episode made me :rolleyes: to the point of blacking out. Normally, placement doesn't bother me, but this was over the top.

I was a little bored with it on the whole. I'm tired of these characters. Was it ever explained why Ali Larter's first character had a clone/twin or whatever she is? The ice lady?

15. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea that was pretty weak. Especially given that Claire and her dark brooding friend (name escapes me) said they don't play games. So to hear them constantly saying "Guitar Hero 3" every 10 friggin seconds was annoying.
    I also found it funny that they're always been known for having Apple computers, iPods and stuff but because they (seem to be) sponsored by Sprint they never show an iPhone.

16. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

This episode was a little bit better, with the exception of the girl with the cello.

What the hell are the writers planning to do with THAT?

The ratings for Heroes are in the crapper, so I'd be surprised if this one makes it too much longer.

17. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Yea cello girl seemed a big misplaced. She'll either be killed by Sylar or her power will be the gift that stops him, predictably :eek:.
    I do like the whole Sylar/Parkman combo going on, it's probably the story I'm most interested in.

18. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Peter's gonna fall in love with the sight sound girl and then somebody's gonna kill her forcing him back into the fight. Just a thought.

Can't tell if I like this season or not. I'm still watching though, so I guess that means something...

19. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

Thus begins the fall again. That last episode pretty much was a soap opera, that bit with Hiro and the guy on the roof was dragged out way too long.

20. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The great plotshielded Sylar returns again. Ironically i would've enjoyed the episode more if they killed Nathan/Sylar off and introduced a new villain. Thats the problem with the show...the people that are meant to die i.e. those that most are tired of seeing ALWAYS come back. Its getting REALLY old

Sheesh

Hiro's sister is hot though

21. Dagless thread starter macrumors Core

Dagless

A lesbian kiss... really? Reaaaally?
    Sylars my hook now.

22. furcalchick macrumors 68020

furcalchick

desperate for ratings. that show is getting canned.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Agreed. What a shame too. It's really become a mess.

24. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Yeah, nobody saw that coming. Thank goodness they didn't start telegraphing that the very minute Roommate Girl skipped onto the set. :rolleyes:

The show still seems lost to me. And I don't mean LOST, which also seems lost. I'm actually pretty tired of watching characters reinvent themselves over and over, sometimes multiple times per season.

I can't tell yet if they've really figured out that Hiro, likable as he is as a character, has been wrecking story arcs since the second season. There's a reason science fiction series turn to time travel when they run out of ideas: it's a cheap trick for writers. How many storylines have they obviously floated and dead-ended by using Hiro to cheat their way out of them?

The Carnival Folk remind me of the Telepath Colony from the final season of Babylon 5, and that's not a great thing. It was a weak and annoying story arc populated with insufferable characters the first time I saw it a decade ago.

And then there's Sylar, or rather Sylars, since they've technically managed to make themselves two of them now, more or less. They're officially betting the farm on Quinto's charisma and talent, which are unquestionably formidable, but they're using him as a crutch. In many ways it's the same problem they have with Hiro. He's a great character that turns out to be incompatible with great stories.

25. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Two hot girls kissing? No objections from me.

I think you got that exactly backwards. Hiro is both the impetus for every plot since Season 1 and due to the nature of his power, is a plot hole walking. Depowering Hiro and Peter was absolutely necessary for a zillion reasons and I think they did it fairly well.

OTOH, the general story has become crap.

America doesn't have Asian heroes. Not ones that aren't comic relief. As for Sylar, they have to make him the good guy we see in the future.