Heroes vs 24

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bob Jovi, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Bob Jovi macrumors regular

Are you people on here into Heroes. I've only just caught up to episode 18 and personally I can't wait till it comes back on air. Blows 24 out of the water as although 24 is great, Heroes is so much fresher!

2. pilotError macrumors 68020

pilotError

I keep getting into then out of 24. It seems so over the top lately that I watch it for amusement. My wife is into it more than I am.

Heroes is like watching the Superfriends reality show. Great fun, good characters and they don't drag the plot around like Lost does.

3. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

heroes is great and interesting, i never got into 24, too much 'padding' to make it 24 episodes me thinks.

4. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I don't really think you can compare the two. They're completely different genres. I think they're both good though the latest season of 24 I haven't really watched that much, only because I'm never home when it's on.

5. és: macrumors 6502a

és:

I much prefer watching Heroes than 24. 24 is really stretching it now, you can read all the plot lines a mile down the road, nothing is a surprise anymore, it's all so old hat.

Much better than the way they are dragging out Prison Break though, I'm not watching a third series of that.

Heroes is the best thing I've ever seen in a series.

6. emw macrumors G4

emw

Just as a note, there are a dedicated threads to each show, in case you haven't seen them:

24, Season 6

Heroes, Season 1, Part 2

Not that this thread is redundant, but each thread also discusses comparisons to the other show, although they're primarily to discuss the specific show's episodes.

As for me, I like Heroes, but the multiple extended breaks are killing me. The first one wasn't so bad because I didn't get into it until late into Part 1, bought the shows on iTunes, and by the time I watched them all, it was time for Part 2. But the latest break is tough. Almost makes me forget the characters. :eek:

I also enjoy 24, but for different reasons, I think. Heroes is more of an escape form reality, envision yourself with some cool power thing, where 24 is more just watching Jack kick ass. :D

7. smueboy macrumors 6502a

smueboy

The first season of 24 was good, but since then it seems to be repeating the same formula.
    Heroes, on the other hand, is great. They have managed to keep it engaging without losing the way (like Lost and Prison Break).

8. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Heroes is in a different league as 24. we always tivo 24 and watch heroes live cuz we can't wait.

9. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

And how long has that wait been now, over a month?:p

10. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I have such a love-hate relationship with Heroes. On the one hand, I really like the Hiro/Peter/Claire set of characters. On the other hand, DL/Nikki/Micah are all TERRIBLE ACTORS. I hated every painful second they were on screen. I eventually just lost interest and stopped watching.

Never was really into the whole 24 thing. First season seemed alright from what I saw, but I just can't see that formula having staying power beyond one or two seasons.

Then again, I think I just lost interest in TV in general. I gave up on LOST early in the third season, after the break in House I haven't had much compulsion to watch it, I never catch The Office when it's on, and I STILL haven't seen the Battlestar Galactica season 3 finale.

Working in TV takes a lot of the fun out of watching it.

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Get a Tivo or a DVR from Comcast. You'll love it! You wouldnt have to miss the BSG finale either. Watch ur shows on ur time. :)