Hesitant to buy an iPad 2 now.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Justin Luck, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Justin Luck macrumors regular

I've been looking forward to the iPad 2 for months now. I skipped the first gen, but I was really prepared to buy the iPad 2. But after hearing all of these stories of yellow tinges, dead pixels, and black light bleed, I'm not sure if I want to make this expensive of a purchase.

What boggles my mind is, how can we have retina screens on our iPod Touches with none of these issues described above, and yet it is a common occurance with a rather low resolution, larger screen? I just tested my NEC 23" IPS 1920x1080p monitor that I bought last month and ran MS Paint with a full black screen in a pitch dark room. I can find NO backlight bleed. I paid $165 shipped from Amazon.

I truly believe none of us should have to put up with these QC problems on a $500 device that commands such a large price premium with a screen resolution that is reminscent of the 1990's.

2. Grubster macrumors member

Posting this from my just setup iPad 2. Screen is perfect! So is the one on my iPad 1. If there is an issue, you can just return or exchange it. You are over thinking this.

FYI, iPad 1 is awesome. IPad 2 is even better. If you want tom save cash, just buy iPad 1.

3. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

If everyone who wasn't experiencing a yellow tint, dead pixels and light bleed made a big deal about the fact that their iPad worked just great. Chances are you'd see it only effects a small proportion. There will always be manufacturing defects what ever you are making. If your unlucky take it back and get another one.

4. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

LOL..what are you talking about?? Take a look at most any larger LCD screen, especially with televisions, and you'll see some imperfection. You may not see it on a smaller scale, but its there in some form or fashion. Its just the nature of the technology. Samsung and Sony won't do anything about light bleed unless its a certain percentage or location on the screen. Why would you hold Apple to any higher standards. The technology is what it is. If you don't approve, then don't buy into LCD's.

So take your trolling A$$ and move on to the Xoom and go complain about it for a while, as there is plenty to talk about.

5. ozred macrumors 6502

See what I mean?

It's impossible to have a reasonable conversation over anything that's not perfect.

If you use common sense and try - you get insulted, attacked, talked to in a childish fashion.

It's all that Apple fanboys are capable of.

Real conversations challenge their fear factor.

6. gdjsnyder macrumors 6502a

gdjsnyder

I don't see how the comment of not buying one is an insult, attack or childish comment at all. The OP said he isn't ready to make a minimum $500 purchase if there may be defects. Since there may well be some, not buying one if the simple solution to the problem.

I don't think telling someone not to buy one is very "fanboy" like at all. A fanboy would talk you into buying something, no?

7. Steviejobz macrumors 68000

what do you expect from a group of people who wait days for a gadget they basically already have? Spending thousands when people are dying. Priorities in Apple land are twisted. And these forums have the most extreme of that population. So unfortunately expecting hand holding, rational conversation or positive response to criticism is too much to ask.

8. burgundyyears macrumors 6502

This is an amalgamation of complaints people have with every Apple product.

Please find somewhere else to concern troll. Thanks.

9. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Yeah because things are happening in other parts of the world, no one should spend money they earned on something they want. How much money have you donated to the Japan Quake Victims??

10. AJsAWiz macrumors 68030

AJsAWiz

Congrats! Where did you get yours? I did an online order through Apple. On my iPad, as usual now. Did you notice a significant difference in size/weight? I use this thing more than my iMac or iPhone.

11. Icaras macrumors 603

Icaras

OK, can you name to us a product that is perfect then?

12. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Yep. These people have been zombified into buying whatever shiney new gadget Apple dangles in front of their noses. Critical thinking and common sense are either turned off or never existed. If your common sense makes you hesitant, then there's probably something to it.

13. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

lol. Ok. I guess you're not up to par with the tablet competition currently on the market.

14. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

15. foodle macrumors 6502

Oh please. :rolleyes: This is the usual Internet OCD about every little real or perceived fault.

Buy an iPad. Use it. Ignore the nitpickers.

16. leenak macrumors 68020

I'm personally not having issues so far with my iPad. I love it. I don't have an iPhone or Mac book and this is my first iPad which I have been waiting months for and I think it was worth the wait. If someone isn't sure about it, I'd also say don't buy one. Technology is always improving and spending $500+ on something you aren't sure about doesn't seem like the right move.

17. Jackintosh macrumors 6502a

Jackintosh

Agreed. What you say here makes sense.