Hesitant to get the 200 mb plan...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by euphrus, Jun 26, 2010.

1. euphrus macrumors member

The iPhone 4 will be my first iPhone (coming from a dumb phone), and I am really considering getting the 200 MB plan. I only have EDGE where i live and I'm usually around wifi at home and school. I would love to save the extra $10 per month, but 200 MB of data seems like nothing for an entire month. I just want to have security of not going over. I Cant decide!

2. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

What you can do is the following:

Start off with the 200mb and monitor how much data you are using. You can do that under settings --> general--> usage.

3. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

+1.

Just FYI, I use my iPhone mostly at home and at work, both of which have Wi-Fi. My monthly 3G data usage is typically less than 100 MB.

4. kodek macrumors member

Go for it. Worst case scenario, they add another 200 MB for a total of $30, which you can change to the 2 GB plan before the month ends. They let you go back and forth as long as you remember to do it yourself.

5. kyleb822 macrumors member

kyleb822

go with the 200MB plan, it'll save you $10, and you'll be on Wi-Fi mostly so you wont be using much data anyway

6. swissbrit macrumors member

I used 1.4 GB in 2 days of haviing the iPhone lol the 200 mb plan would kill me

7. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I have WiFi at home and have had the unlimited plan since 2007. I've only used a max of 263mb and my low is 86mb a month.

I visit macrumors, engadget, autoblog, etc... check email. I don't ever download apps over 3G/Edge, only when I'm at home.

You already said your around wifi at school/home so you should be set with the 200mb plan. Just check your usage and see how your doing every 5-10 days.

8. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

I say use the ATT wireless app to track your usage. Reflects your actual account usage.

200MB for me is nothing even having wifi as I do.

The problem for me is I'd have to use my phone in ways other then I want to in order to possibly stay within those limits.

Should I download this app now or wait till I get home..? hmm I don't think I should send this video of the kids to my parents, I'm getting close to that quota..?

I mean for you though, you're on Edge. So I honestly think 200mb is fine.