Hesitated about online order, but I finally did it..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Davichi, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Davichi macrumors 6502

3-4 weeks is a long wait, but I hope it will be trimmed down to like 1-2 weeks. Hoping. I just ordered 16GB White iPad.

I could wait outside at apple store tomorrow, but apple was nice enough give me a discount for iPad at 399 dollars.

I also had bunch of best buy credits that I wanted to use, but o well. I will save them for MBP or iPad 3.

How's everyone going with their iPad 2 order?

Good luck to all of us on getting iPad 2 soon.

2. denness544 macrumors member

I placed an order online too. I can't find it anywhere here in So Cal.

3. ILikeTurtles macrumors 6502

You should have ordered from B&H online. Would have it next week rather than next 4 weeks.

4. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

Based on how only Apple knows when other retailers will get stock, and no one "orders" them from Apple, Apple just decides what to send them when, I decided to take my chances ordering with Apple Friday evening. Too bad my delivery isn't until April 6, but I figure if I find one locally in that time, I'll cancel the Apple order. Here's hoping a lot of other people do that too, and pushes my order up, because I'm an hour from the closest Best Buy and two and half away from the closest Apple Store.

5. Justin Luck macrumors regular

I planned last week to order from B&H, but after Friday's launch and the realization that it is extremely likely for the unit I purchase to have excessive backlight bleed and stuck pixels, I decided to pass for now. It is disappointing that Apple has lowered their QC standard. I had really looked forward to trying out this product.

6. Davichi thread starter macrumors 6502

399 dollars beats 499 dollars. I would love to have one now, but 100 dollars is a big difference.

7. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Stuck pixels = 0
    Backlight bleed = minimal. No worse than other gadgets I have.

Make sure you don't give the complaints you read here more weight than they deserve.

8. Davichi thread starter macrumors 6502

Agreed. Take it to apple store and they will replace it at the spot for you. So, this backlight bleed and stuck pixels are just excuses. iPad 2 is sold out anyway. Why are there always people out there that are trying to troll?

9. billhelm macrumors regular

I ended up ordering online too, around 4 PM PST on Friday. Seemed like a better option than trying to chase one down for a couple of weeks.

To the OP, there's a good thread in the sticky posts where people are posting what's going on with shipping - it's a good gauge of what's going on.

10. tracerhawk macrumors member

tracerhawk

That's good news, thanks dacreativeguy! I'm hoping the backlight bleed is more bark and less bite, or not as common as it seems. You figure most peopel come on forums to complain about issues, but most don't come on to post that they have 0 issues. I was leery to order online after hearing about the backlight bleeding and then have to deal with shipping it back if ordering online from a retail store, but I'm hoping now maybe its not as bad as people think.