hesitating iPhone 6 or 6+

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by kenny1999, May 26, 2015.

1. kenny1999 macrumors member

in addition bigger monitor anything better for iPhone 6+ over 6?

btw, is there any watershield protector for iPhone 6+ out there recommended?

thank you many thanks you

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

iPhone 6+ has better battery life and slightly better camera for stablility control.

Other than the size difference in the screen which you mentioned, there aren't any differences that I can think of.

3. petef1 macrumors newbie

Obviously, I don't know your circumstances, but for me as a 35 year old male, I agonised over it, but went for the smaller 6, purely on it's size. For me, if I'm out and about, I've got keys, wallet and phone in my jeans pocket, it's just too big for my personal circumstances. My missus, she went for the 6+ as she can stick it in her handbag, and then get the full benefit of the screen size and batter life.

Horses for courses really, but for me, the smaller screen won. Both GREAT phones though.

4. Uofmtiger macrumors 68000

Uofmtiger

The iPhone 6 plus is 1920x1080 and the 6 is 1334x750.

5. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

I went for the 6. My decision was based on how it fit in my hand. I went to an Apple Store to try them both. With my usage of the phone, I can still go 2 days without charging the 6. I suggest if you can go somewhere that has both phones available to try, then do that. It made my decision easier. Both are great phones.

6. LittleLuth macrumors member

Another consideration I would recommend pondering is if you are going to get an Apple Watch then that is probably a check in favor of the 6+ because based on first hand experience those two go very well together. Any of my previous annoying moments wrestling the phone out of my pocket are now alleviated by the Watch. First world problems solved to be sure but nonetheless worth a thought...

7. iModFrenzy macrumors 6502a

iModFrenzy

I do not have a 6 or 6+, I still use a 4S due to the small size and its still supported currently. I have used the 6 and 6+ and in my opinion, the 6 is better. The 6 may not have the 2950mah battery but If you plan on watching movies or playing games all day, it won't be an issue.

8. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

If you can't decide, that means nothing wrong to go for the 6+ in your case, which has bigger battery, Full HD screen and better camera (OIS is particularly useful at low light environment).

9. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

If you don't mind the size, I think the 6+ is the better choice. I had a 6 from release day until late January when I switched to a 6+. I haven't looked back. The screen is slightly superior, and the battery life of the 6+ blows the 6 out of the water.