Hesitating to buy Base 13 or base 15

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Zerosopher, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Zerosopher macrumors regular

Zerosopher

First time I will go to the 15" based model but I may not use it much for gaming. For me I just use the CS5 stuff. Rarely for photo or VDO editing. I plan to use DreamWeaver (frequent), do some programming, wanna learn writing iOS Apps, surf the net, listen to music, watch vdo, do documents, and do research. I hesitate to choose the 15 model because of these reasons. It will be my first macbook and I plan not to buy it for long time. Should I go to the 15" based model?

Thanks in advance.
    :apple:

2. randomrazr macrumors 65816

buy the 15

3. Steve's Barber macrumors 6502a

Why not wait until you're closer to buying? Newer models and their pending differences might might it an easier choice by then.

4. Zerosopher thread starter macrumors regular

Zerosopher

Sorry for my poor Enlish :)

I meant i will keep this new macbook for long time. Not plan to buy any computers for years..

5. ibuyufo macrumors 6502

I never buy base of anything. Sadly, I am also broke.

6. Meever macrumors 6502a

15 for sure. More space. Gpu acceleration. Quad core processor. And it will stay "relavent" longer.

7. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

8. greganpace macrumors regular

I bought a 13 MB a couple years ago and I had the RAM upgrade (from 2g to 4) and it still performs as well as any newer MBA or MBP I've used. I use mine for a lot of casual use (on it 6+ hrs a day) and music and sound recording/editing and a little video editing and CAD. It definitely has had its use. I think if you are looking for it to last a while, you might want to put some upgrades in it. But simple things like the RAM or getting a SSD can be upgraded later when it is needed more. Remember that a Mac base comes with about the same as a higher end PC notebook...

9. Zerosopher, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011

Zerosopher thread starter macrumors regular

Zerosopher