Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

laliastudiocedric

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2017
Hi

I am on the store (on my Mid 2013 MBA 13' I7) and before buying My new 5 Years future machine,
i just want to ask you what choice you would do if you were in my situation :

- WEB DEV
- WEBDESIGN
- ADOBE CC SUITE
- RETRO GAMING
- LIGHT GAMING (Windows mode Call of Duty on STEAM)

For this use i can choose today with preferential prices (Education) between

- RMBP 13 2,3GHZ 512 for 2024 euro
- RMBP 15 2,6GHZ 512 for 2968 euro
- Wait for New MBA but out of the Education back2School operation

With each RMBP i can have a beats Headphone for 0 bucks.

What is the best choice for me today? Is the future MBA worth the wait (and the lack of 10% reduction)?

One alternative question is the use of RMBP at the native resolution : does one of you use an external app TO force the native RES ? What about the render of this on the screen (letters ...)

Thanks in advance

laliastudiocedric

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2017
And for the material ? if it is retina, would the next MBA sufficient?
[doublepost=1536836213][/doublepost]Are all the PB's with RMBP resolved (Lag, Keyboard, sound KP)?

Abaganov

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2016
what about the performance difference?

for your needs both the 13" or the 15" will do. question is really is how much you value portability vs more screen real estate. do you plan to travel a lot? are you going to connect the MBP into an external monitor?

smallcoffee

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2014
North America
for your needs both the 13" or the 15" will do. question is really is how much you value portability vs more screen real estate. do you plan to travel a lot? are you going to connect the MBP into an external monitor?

Kind of. Playing just about any games you'll want the dedicated GPU. You could buy the external, though.

laliastudiocedric

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2017
IS it possible to connect the 13' or 15' to my mid 2011 27 imac?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.