hewlett packard applications pre-installed?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lauren2010, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Lauren2010 macrumors newbie

Last week I received my new 17", 2.66ghz MBP, 10.6.4.

In the dock's applications folder I have a folder named "hewlett-packard" containing various HP applications and utilities.

I suspect I myself errantly installed those HP apps when I tried downloading an HP printer driver.

Can anyone confirm that new MBPs such as mine in fact do not arrive pre-configured with those hewlett-packard applications? I know various HP print drivers are pre-installed, but that's not the issue.

I'd like to uninstall these HP applications if in fact they were not there when my system first came out of the box. If this were a PC I'd crosscheck the control panel to determine the exact date the applications were installed, but I'm not sure how to do that on a mac.

If you have a new MBP such as mine, please check your own system and confirm the presence or absence of a "Hewlett-Packard" folder within the dock's application folder and let me know.

Thanks so much.

2. justaregularjoe macrumors 6502

Nothing like that when I got mine; have never heard of anyone who has.

It was you. Promise.

If you want to get some info, (uh oh pun incoming) highlight the app(s) in question, and hit File > Get Info or Command-I. The General tab will tell you the dates modified and created.

Hope I helped.

3. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

It was definitely you, or your computer wasn't truly brand new. Even then, Apple should have reinstalled everything, so it would be rare but not unheard of.

4. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

5. Lauren2010 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

I trashed those suckers. Many thanks for the replies.