Hex Values in CS3 & Dreamweaver do not match

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by djsound, Dec 31, 2009.

1. djsound macrumors 6502a

djsound

I am using Hex Values to match the background of a logo to the background of a website I am making but they do not match up perfectly. The CS3 hex is a little bit darker....I have googled but could not find a reason why...anyone know?...I tried to get around it by making hte background transparent and saving it as a gif but the quality was bad..it still had some white around the shape...

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

CS3? Do you mean Photoshop?

I'm sure it's related to color profiles. Check it in Firefox, see what happens there, but honestly, I wouldn't try to match a background color with an image, because in some OS or browser scenario there will be an obvious difference in color matching.

You can use PNG instead if you want a transparent layer.

3. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound

Yes photoshop. It is something within photoshop I think because Dreamweaver and other things online with the same Hex values are the same color..

- if I was to use PNG can I get a good edge? What program would I do that from? I made the logo in Illustrator...

thanks!

4. hobbbz macrumors 6502a

hobbbz

In PS goto View>Proof> select Monitor RGB and make sure on the View menu 'Proof Colors' is checked. (The shortcut is +Y)

this will show the colors as they appear on your monitor, which is what every other program is doing already.

5. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

You can use Photoshop to save as PNG. Or probably Illustrator as well.

6. djsound thread starter macrumors 6502a

djsound