Hey all

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 414BrewCrew414, May 25, 2009.

1. 414BrewCrew414 macrumors member

I just walked out of the apple store and bought a 2.53Ghz 15 inch macbookpro. This machine is STACKED to the MAX!!!! I noticed the two different performance settings...and I tried to search but nothing came relevant to what I was looking for.

What do you guys have your machines set on...and is the better battery life really better versus the higher performance??

2. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Depends on what you're doing with it. If it is plugged in, just use the better performance option. If it's not plugged it, you might want to use the option to save you battery. Its really up to you. :)

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

wait dont you mean 2.66ghz? i keep mine on better battery life about 99% of the time. if i play games i use windows so it can only use the 9600 anyway and i always have it plugged in when playing games.

4. magamo macrumors 6502

Congrats on your new MBP!

As for the performance setting, the battery life is noticeably longer when the better battery is checked (though mine is 17") while the difference in performance seems to be negligible unless you do a gpu intensive task such as gaming.

5. bli625 macrumors 6502a

bli625

How did you manage to walk out of the store with a 2.53?

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I tend to run my 2.53MBP on the 9400 GPU most of the time. I find it gives me the performance I need but it keeps the temps in check and if I go mobile, I don't need to log out and back in.

I also run ubuntu on the puppy, and one annoying thing is that there's no support to change GPUs so it stays on the 9600 there.