Hey can anyone help me out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DisappearedGDP, Sep 28, 2015.

1. DisappearedGDP macrumors newbie

So around 9:00pm-10:00pm my iPhone 5s shut down on me after telling me it was at 10% battery life.

So after it shut down, I tried using my own charger and it just keep on flashing from the screen that was telling me I needed to charge the device and a pitch black screen when not touched.

I proceeded to use another charger within my household and it turned on once, but then it wouldn't continue to charge. Then later it died off going back to the "you need to charge your device screen" and the pitch black screen when not touched.

I don't have any photos of the phone to show you currently on how it looks but I did find a thread with something similar but for an iPhone 4.

I would just like to know if I could fix this on my own, or if its something along the lines of my chargers not working, which I highly doubt because the three chargers I have used on my iPhone 5s has charged my girlfriend's iPhone 6+.

Also on another note I do have AppleCare for the device, and I would just like to know what they'd offer me if I were to go into their store and ask to see if they could repair it for me, and if they couldn't, would I have to pay for a new device, and would I be getting the same device.

Thanks for reading!

( photo borrowed from thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/threads...s-on-blinking-red-battery-dead-phone.1690069/ )

Attached Files:

2. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Double check your lightning port. I have had lint build up in there and prevent a charger from charging it. Good luck.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

Is it still under warranty? Apple is not going to offer you a replacement unless it is under warranty unless the problem is involved in a recall. There is always a chance so it does not hurt to politely ask.