Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

entatlrg

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 2, 2009
Waterloo & Georgian Bay, Canada
Do you use your notebook from the couch/Lazy Boy often?

What's your couch/family room laptop of choice or set up? (photo's welcomed).

Currently it's the MacBook Air for me .... maybe an iPad in the near future.

The future? - maybe a very thin/light display that swivels and adjusts in front of you.

Something like this http://www.theeasychairmount.com/default.cfm :eek:
... the ultimate tool for the absolute couch potato perhaps :)

Ideal would be a 17" MBP the as thin and light as the Air, eh?

Attachments

• gallery4 large.jpg
    gallery4 large.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 122

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa

The future? - maybe a very thin/light display that swivels and adjusts in front of you.

Something like
[Image elided.]
:eek:

I bought my first "modern" laptop, a 17 inch Powerbook G4, in 2003 in order to have a computer I could conveniently use while watching TV from a big easy chair. It worked out so well, I replaced it with a 17 inch MBP 2 years ago. I will never go back to a desktop computer. Now, I want an MBA after the line is updated so that I can have a laptop that is even lighter and easier to handle than my larger 17 inchers are. Unfortunately the current model is limited to 2Gb of RAM so it wouldn't work for me.

Relznuk

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2009
UT, USA

Something like this http://www.theeasychairmount.com/default.cfm :eek:

That chair mount is EXTREMELY cool.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I bought my first "modern" laptop, a 17 inch Powerbook G4, in 2003 in order to have a computer I could conveniently use while watching TV from a big easy chair. It worked out so well, I replaced it with a 17 inch MBP 2 years ago. I will never go back to a desktop computer. Now, I want an MBA after the line is updated so that I can have a laptop that is even lighter and easier to handle than my larger 17 inchers are. Unfortunately the current model is limited to 2Gb of RAM so it wouldn't work for me.

I don't think you're alone in your reasoning. The MBA really needs to be updated. The 2GB RAM is simply too constraining nowadays and it is quite likely turning off a number of potential buyers.

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
I don't think you're alone in your reasoning. The MBA really needs to be updated. The 2GB RAM is simply too constraining nowadays and it is quite likely turning off a number of potential buyers.
What's really unfortunate about it is that in every other way the MBA is still the best ultra light weight laptop going. I just hope that the next iteration satisfies my needs because I love its light weight and slim form factor.

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Sorry, not interested. It won't keep me warm like my toasty 9600m with built in Adobe Flash heat source.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.