Hey Guys, A Little Help First iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ilovelexi7, Sep 28, 2008.

1. ilovelexi7 macrumors newbie

Now I've been waiting for a while to get my first iPhone.

Mostly because of money and other reasons...

Now what I would like to know is if you forum gurus believe that I should jump on the purchase now. Or wait out for a couple more weeks.

I've already set my sights on the 16gig Black and am just looking for some outside views of how you guys feel i should go on this.

Thanks in advance.

-Kyle

2. Amt macrumors regular

What's the difference of getting it now, or in a couple of weeks? Nothing, in my opinion.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

4. macbookairman macrumors 6502a

5. ilovelexi7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I didn't know if they were still shipping the 3G with the faulty ultracompact wall adapter

6. narcolept macrumors member

In another thread, a user ordered through AT&T premier last week and received the phone with the new wall adaptor, so they're likely being supplied to AT&T with the new adaptor. Depending on where you're getting it from and how old their stock is, you should get a new adaptor. If you don't, it's simply a web form and waiting a weak or two. The "fault" in the adaptor is simply that the prongss can come out and stick in the outlet. The fix for this would be to charge via USB until you got the new plug.

7. ilovelexi7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot guys...
    I've been trying to keep recent on all the firmware and all that nonsense and just needed to know there wasn't something bit i was missing.
    I'm gonna go out and get it this week.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Definitely buy now and start enjoying the 3G iPhone immediately. Congrats on your decision...:cool:

9. kleo macrumors regular

If your getting a 16gb i would seriously consider getting the white one. Seriously!

10. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

yeah, most definitely the white one, or the black. :rolleyes:

11. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

I would order a bodyguardz shield first before getting your iPhone

this way you can apply the shield THE day you purchase the phone when you get home. Try to handle the phone as little as possible when you buy it.

this is great for two reasons

a) Zero scratches
    b) It is easier to apply a shield on a brand new, clean oil free phone.

12. ilovelexi7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah.
    I was going to order a skin tomorrow so by the time I have the phone I can apply it...
    I'm just torn between the bodyguardz and the bestskinever.

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I would recommend to anybody and everybody to get the 16GB model. Since there's no expandable memory option, you're stuck with what you get for two years (at least in the US on AT&T). I knew 8GB was going to be extremely difficult to get used to when I got my phone, but I got a first generation phone for $250 refurb, so I was willing to deal with that storage hit for saving $250 (compared to a new 16GB).

These forums are pretty good sources for a lot of info on what's coming up and what's out. It's kinda like the pulse of the iPhone community. It's hard to know what all is good on the App Store since there can be so-so apps selling a lot because they're 99 cents or pull the free-to-paid switch. Info on the new firmwares is on here a lot as well as "what did they add?" type things. So basically keep an eye here. Just beware when something like the iPhone 3G is rumored. It will consume the store like a topless Jessica Alba at a frat party would.

I wouldn't worry too much about color. After dropping my phone a couple of times, I'm never using it without some sort of cover again. The plastic one I have covers everything that isn't the screen, camera, or a button. If you select a slightly transparent cover, then maybe it's an issue. But when I get a 3G, I'm probably going for a sweet red one I saw at the Apple Store. Just make sure to use some sort of protection (insert joke here) because you WILL drop the darn thing. My cover saved mine from the mother of all case damage and probably a lovely scratch on the screen. Speaking of which, these screens are NOT CRAPPY LIKE OLD IPOD SCREENS. They will scratch, but only if you do something very bad (like get really aggressive with a credit card trying to put a screen cover on).

Not sure what else I can say other than welcome to the club. There are a few "I wish iPhones would..." things, but it makes life a lot easier than before.

14. Dr. Cabrera macrumors 65816

Read this http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=569101

if you can afford it get the bodyguardz front, BSE rear

If you only want to make one purchase, go with the bodyguardz