hey guys help me out (msn related)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by devilsknight688, Dec 3, 2008.

1. devilsknight688 macrumors newbie

hey guys, i made this petition online cause i'm sick of not having the proper msn, so i thought you guys could help me out by just signing it and passing it on to your friends

fullmsnformacintosh.tk

together we can make a difference

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    If you are talking about the messenger, I use adium, it is wonderful. :D

3. devilsknight688 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah it is good, but I think there should be an official msn messenger for mac that has all the capabilities of the windows version.

It only takes a second to sign the petition, no registration or anything. And this will make a difference, but only if we can get more signatures. So take a moment to sign it please.

4. Pixellated macrumors 65816

Or even better- Get your friends to buy Macs and use iChat!

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I have msn on my mac, I don't use it very often. What features is it missing?

6. devilsknight688 thread starter macrumors newbie

Please guys, even if you dont agree, us mac users should support each other. I, like many others, would love to have an official msn messenger without having to use some other client. Please take just a second to sign the petition, even if you disagree it will help out a lot.

7. lamadude macrumors 6502

"Online petitions" and "making a difference" are exact opposites.
    Actually if you read the blog from the apple department at microsoft you would know that for example video chat for the mac msn is already in the works.

I don't really see what you would need except for video chat, adium does pretty much all the rest already.

8. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

MSN/Windows Live Messenger is a Microsoft product, even the Mac version. If you want a 'full' version of the official thing, your petition needs to go to Microsoft. They're the only ones that can do anything about it.

However, I personally see them doing nothing. Why would they support a full application for a platform that, in the end, they are competing against? It's like the Windows versions of iTunes and Safari, they're nothing but mere ports of the Mac version because Apple doesn't want to make GREAT software for the OS they're in competition with - if they did they'd start from scratch and make versions that are totally dedicated to the OS; they're only doing it because the majority of people own PCs loaded with Windows to begin with.

Microsoft is not technically obligated to even make the Mac version of MSN Messenger, be happy you even have it in this state.

9. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

aMSN is pretty close

If you only need a client for MSN, check out aMSN. The only major thing lacking in it is that it has no voice chat feature yet. It can stream webcam video and file transfer, etc.