Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CountMaxMore

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2014
There a little while a go I posted on here talking about buying a mac mini g4 for 65$ but I was going to offer the guy 50$ for it ( I bought it for 50$ ) Well I just got it home and it works great other then being a little sluggish running leopard I will post some pics in a few minutes its in really good condition other then some yellowing, a little while a go I read a post on this forum about optimizing leopard for a ppc computer and I can't seem to locate it if anyone knows where this is could you comment the link for it~Thanks :)

Dronecatcher

macrumors 603
Jun 17, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
There a little while a go I posted on here talking about buying a mac mini g4 for 65$ but I was going to offer the guy 50$ for it ( I bought it for 50$ ) Well I just got it home and it works great other then being a little sluggish running leopard I will post some pics in a few minutes its in really good condition other then some yellowing, a little while a go I read a post on this forum about optimizing leopard for a ppc computer and I can't seem to locate it if anyone knows where this is could you comment the link for it~Thanks :)

This is a good place to start:

http://ppcarchive.dyniform.net/tuning-a-g4-for-leopard.html

The Secrets pref pane is a shortcut to a lot of the tricks:

http://secrets.blacktree.com/

CountMaxMore

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2014
It keeps telling me I can't upload the pics atm try again later so i will have to upload them later I guess

Gamer9430

macrumors 68020
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Hey, Guys Just Got My Mac Mini G4

Let me tell you, I can tell your new here, as well as the PowerPC community, if this is your first PowerPC Mac, it certainly won't be your last. I should know being that I got a G5 first and now I have 11 PowerPC macs, old and relatively new (G3/G4/G5) mixed together. The G5 I only got last November, and in the span of 4 months I got 10 more PowerPC macs and a Vintage Macintosh 512ke from '86.
My point is, welcome to the community, and this certainly won't be your last PowerPC Mac. There really is something about them that makes them special ;)

tevion5

macrumors 68000
Jul 12, 2011
Ireland
Let me tell you, I can tell your new here, as well as the PowerPC community, if this is your first PowerPC Mac, it certainly won't be your last. I should know being that I got a G5 first and now I have 11 PowerPC macs, old and relatively new (G3/G4/G5) mixed together. The G5 I only got last November, and in the span of 4 months I got 10 more PowerPC macs and a Vintage Macintosh 512ke from '86.
My point is, welcome to the community, and this certainly won't be your last PowerPC Mac. There really is something about them that makes them special ;)

Second this. I'm a college student and got my first mac only in 2011. I got a G5 for fun, and now look at my sig...

poiihy

macrumors 68020
Aug 22, 2014
What's the voltage and max current rating on the power supply of the Mac Mini G4?

Last edited:

CountMaxMore

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 18, 2014
Heh same... First Mac was my Late '11 MBP.

I've been actually collecting them for a little while now, I just recently slimmed my collection I use to have 3 PowerMac G4, 2 Ibook G4, 1 PowerBook G4 but I sold them all but the PowerBook and this is my first Mac Mini G4

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.