Hey Guys, new to the forums, about to buy a macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Macniac M, May 30, 2009.

1. Macniac M macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm new here, and I need a little bit of help.

So I am going to buy a macbook aluminum 2.0, and I'm a college student so I want to take advantage of the free ipod touch offer.

Thing is, that i attend a University in Tijuana (in the border of San Diego, CA) so do you think that they will make valid the offer, even though it is not a College in the US? And also if I make the purchase in-store they will also make the Education discount?

tnx in advance

2. The General macrumors 601

All you have to do is order it from the education store. They don't even ask for proof that you go to the college you say you go to. You could say you go to UCLA or Harvard. They aren't going to ask for proof unless you go into a physical Apple store.

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

I've actually been asked by proof of my student status from apple. They asked me to fax a photocopy of my student card through to them before they'd finish processing my order.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

oh they do check.....ive had to fax proof before

5. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Weird, I've never had to fax anything. You just go on the apple online store and put in your university and it brings up the education store. Just put in SDSU or UCSD. I go to UCSD so heck I could just buy the damn thing for you, we have an Apple store on campus.

6. Ov3rlord Falc0r macrumors regular

I've never had to show proof of anything before. I just say that I am from a community college in my area (which I actually am) and they let me slide. Maybe its just a fluke but maybe not.

7. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

they only spot check some edu purchases

in other words, they check randomly

8. Macniac M thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone, but I was asking becaue I think I want to make the purchase in an Apple store..

9. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I bought my MacBook in the store (my wife is a teacher). We were not asked to provide any type of proof that she's a teacher, but they did want to enter the name of her school.

Curiously, the guy ringing us up just selected the first school on the list in the city where she teaches.

I think the most they would ask for is a student ID or class schedule. You should be fine.

10. opinioncircle macrumors 6502a

opinioncircle

Well if you can buy it in the US, with a former HS card of yours, you may be able to pull it off..