hey guys please i need help with this one

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ram015, Sep 5, 2011.

1. ram015 macrumors newbie

Ok so i have a 3gs, earlier today my home button suddenly stopped working completely , so couldn't hard reset my iphone to see if that works, so i went into draining my battery out, and when i did this now my iphone is not charging at, nothing happens when i plug it into the charger ( tried the wall and the pc charger), when i hold the sleep button it shows me the plug and the lightning thing, its been plugged in for hours but nothing.
    and yeah one more thing before i drain my battery it was charging i tried to charge it when it had 10% of it.
    so please your advice will be appreciated a lot, and thanks in advance :)

2. Fr0st macrumors newbie

Sorry

Sorry bro i think its your iPhone it may be the cable connectors on the inside. If you wanted you could take it apart (CAREFULLY) and see or take it to apple. I could use a new iPhone though ;). If you do get a new iPhone off ebay contact me so i can take the broken one and fix it and use it for development purposes!

Thanks

3. ram015 thread starter macrumors newbie

i know that there is somthing wrong with the home button, but its not charging at all, its not even acting as its plugged in??!! the charger is good i tested it on my ipod

4. Fr0st macrumors newbie

Then its the main circuit board right down there with the Charging Port Connector

5. ram015 thread starter macrumors newbie

but why it charged before the battery is drained ?

6. Fr0st macrumors newbie

May have gotten ruined when it was plugged

7. Fr0st macrumors newbie

Just go into apple and make a anointment to the genius bar. They will run diagnostics on your device ITS FREE :apple:

8. ram015 thread starter macrumors newbie

the problem is that where i live we dnt have apple stores! so those genius are extinct in my country ;P

9. Fr0st macrumors newbie

Um im not sure if you are willing you can send it to me i have right from my house. And if theres a problem ill find a solution to it and pay to send it to a repair place or maybe if you have apple care we can wait for it to be repaired and ill send it back? Anything is fine!