Hey guys, quick question about an ATT device upgrade to iPhone4s and swapping

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by egeek84, Oct 6, 2011.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

Hey guys,
    I am on a family plan with 3 lines. My line (number) is not eligible for a discounted iphone upgrade yet yet another line on the account IS.

My phone is currently a Samsung Infuse 4G Android phone. I wanted to order the iPhone4S under a different line so I can get the subsidized pricing and then when the phone arrives, put my sim card in that phone and put the sim card that came with the iPhone4S into the old phone that was previously assigned to that line.

I know this sounds confusing but i'm wondering if it will work? My gut tells me yes but that I will have to jump around some hoops to make it work.

2. JLemm macrumors regular

if the phone you have now has a micro sim, if not you're going to have to go to AT&T and get one for the other user

3. nathanneuroticx macrumors newbie

That's a really good plan, and will work.
    Only think, as the previous reply mentioned is you will need to either get a Micro Sim for your plan (usually free, just ask) or buy a sim cutter tool from the internet and cut it yourself.

Alternatively, I'm sure phone repair shops in a mall would have sim cutters for a small cost.

4. egeek84 thread starter macrumors 6502

egeek84

ah ok, thanks. That's what I was thinking. Looks like i'll have to make a trip to the ATT store then :0

----------

awesome thanks, didn't even know that. Good to know.