Hey Im New and have some questions about iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iLemmy, Nov 22, 2007.

1. iLemmy macrumors newbie

hi im new here, in highschool and in a shop learning electronics.

well my mini is flaking out on me and its kinda old so im looking for a new ipod

doing some research i saw this little slice-ipod touch is what im interested in

tho my ipod is crappy i do actually know alot about mp3 players and ipods so dont holdbacl

i have some questions

1. Does it have internet acsess everywhere? because i know it only works in wifi areas but im not sure, like can i use this in school, or like on the bus?and does that count for youtube?(new to the mobile internet thing)

2. I have a wireless rouder at my house far will it work to?

3. Can you guys connect to internet at most places you go or are you most of the time unable to connect?

4. What kind of accsesories would u reccomend(like tjust the basic)?

i will probably be getting the 16G and i will have more questions

2. micsaund macrumors 6502

micsaund

1) Anywhere with WiFi that's open or that you have the password for. If you can't use a laptop, you won't be able to use the Touch WiFi either.

2) 300 feet best case average.

3) See #1

4) Probably just a case initially. There are other threads discussing various opinions on the "best carrying case". Some people say to get screen protectors as well but it's not something I'll mess with since it affects the feel of the gestues.

3. intempo808 macrumors regular

Hey,
    the Internet doesn't work everywhere... Which makes it difficult in some cases to surf the web! For instance, I cannot use the web at school on my ipod for some reason... It connects and everything and the network doesnt say it is protected, but it doesnt find the server. I dont mind though because there are so many PC's at school... So it isnt really a big issue...

If your going to buy any accessories for you Touch, I would definitly recommend the iPod Socks... Okay they are expensive... But they offer so much protection and you can quickly stuff your iPod in one when your in a hurry... Rather than having to mess around with silicone cases... Plus they look really cool!