Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
My Mouse - non-mighty version - has started this totally annoying habit of double clicking things (i just tried to shift click 20 pictures to move - it opened them all, then there was the double click on the delete button in mail that delete multiple messages i hadn't read). I figured it meant a trip to the Apple Store to buy a new one - but then i said HEYYY, i have apple care still.

So before i call and look like a dummy - is the mouse covered??

Thanks -
Tracey

ps - and i know there are other mice out there, but my 7yo has processing/motor issues and honestly - the Mac mouse is the only one she has been able to use!

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
You're covered! AppleCare covers any Apple branded accessory such as a keyboard (wired/wireless), the mouse that came with it and any newer Apple mouse you buy for it, AirPort Cards, AirPort Base Stations, Mac OS X, iLife, etc are all covered under the AppleCare warranty. This is why its a little more expensive than other companies warranties because it covers more than just the computer.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
Cool - thanks!!!!

I guess i'll call and see - it's an hour to the Apple Store in Orlando, while i'd love to go play.... i don't want to leave the house for that long yet (Tornado area with lots of strange people hanging around).

Its going to drive me insane here soon!

Italchef

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2003
Maple, Ontario
My story about the coverage. I bought a mighty mouse when they came out for my G4 iMac. Something when wonky with the scroll wheel and when I called (I was ready for a fight over the phone) they said that because I had applecare, they would send me a new one. Two days later my new mouse arrived, I sent the old one back in the same back and that was it. Great service.

Mick

zea mays

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2007
I've had my regular (non-mighty) wireless mouse replaced through my applecare two times now. It seems that the white switch on the bottom likes to snap off on me. I just call them up, give them my credit card number and they send me a new one. Then, I send the old one back within 10 days and my card is not charged. Very easy and quick!

bbergie

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2006
Calgary
My story about the coverage. I bought a mighty mouse when they came out for my G4 iMac. Something when wonky with the scroll wheel and when I called (I was ready for a fight over the phone) they said that because I had applecare, they would send me a new one. Two days later my new mouse arrived, I sent the old one back in the same back and that was it. Great service.

Mick

My father's mighty mouse went much the same way, and it was replaced promptly by Apple in the way described above.Very good service.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
well i called - and she had me reset the NVram and something else. It helped for a bit - or not, it's a random problem. Told me if happened again to plug it in direct instead of to the keyboard.

Today - it's back to deleting 2-5 mail messages at once, and when i click on 1 to read - it opens it like i doubled. Plugged it in direct - still there. UGH.

I'm going to be in Orlando today anyway so i made a genius appointment, i'll take Mr Mouse and see what they say... i have the case # and my serial number. I'm not lugging the eMac to the store for this... but I figure at least i can try to get it done there. If not, i'll call again.....

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
If its the mouse doing it they should be able to plug it into any Mac and make it do the same things. I will warn you though that if they cannot recreate the problem they probably won't replace it. This will upset you I know because you know darn well it does it, but its the way it works most of the time. Also, if they cannot recreate the problem they may ask to see the computer in with the mouse so they can narrow it down.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
The replacement has been ordered - it's not a mighty mouse, so they wouldn't replace it with one.

So, i need to wait a few days for it to show up and swap it - i'll be down there again so that is fine by me!

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
So i finally got a mouse. Today.

It was going WAY bad - yesterday we got a call from the store (i was on my way to the OTHER store in Orlando for a class) wanting to verify it had "gotten taken care of so they could close the ticket".

Husband knew it hadn't been replaced - so i called. The person on the phone went between me and the store genius. I wasn't pleased, so since i was going to be in town (an hour away) this morning, i went there.

They fessed up that it was on at least another 3 week back order. I told them that was unacceptable. So i got to speak with the manager. The notes said i'd been ASKED if i wanted a Mighty Mouse instead - and said no. HELLLLOOOOO, we tried to replace it that first day with the MM, and the manager said NO.

So, the Manager (on-duty) replaced it for me.... so i have the mighty mouse and love it!!!

It was a total disaster the way it was going - make sure you don't mention you are going to another store (NOT for the reason you are talking to them about) - they apparently make changes to the file reflecting that. UGH.

But, it ended well.....

BilltheCat

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2007
Sanford FL
me dont go to any store for service. me just call and say send another one.

me very happy that way. Never go to the store unless you want hassle. At least in the Orlando area.

:p

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I got more hassle on the phone. Going to the store - the guy plugged it in and it freaked on him. End of story - no more zapping and reseting hoops.

In this case - the person on the phone last wednesday (NOT at the store) - mucked up the whole thing (entering wrong info on the ticket). That, and the phone would have been the same problem.... the part is on backorder for the next 3 weeks at least.

BUT, with hanging out at the Florida Mall store for the Youth Classes, i've made some friends. They will come in handy :D

OVerall, if i had been able to TALK to the store yesterday instead of that lady - we would have avoided a lot of problems....

Where is that banghead smilie again???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.