hey ladies...which headphones??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Scallywag, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Scallywag macrumors regular

I'm looking to perhaps purchase Apple's in-ear headphones for my girlfriend's birthday. I own a pair myself, and I dig them. But I was wondering, are there any ladies around here that can share their experiences and/or recommend something different?? Sound like a stupid question, I know, but can't hurt to ask. I want it to be a surprise, so I don't want to to try mine out first.

Any recommendations??? Sound quality first, sub-$100 preferred. Lots of walking, so shielded wiring a plus. Thanks!!

2. fa8362 macrumors 65816

Has your girlfriend given you any impression she wants headphones for her birthday? If not, you could be asking for trouble.

3. aaquib macrumors 65816

aaquib

Walking with the new Apple-In Ears, NO. These thing make the a fairly loud, noticeable thump with just a simple tug on my sweater. They simply will not do for walking or running.

4. Scallywag thread starter macrumors regular

Haha!! Yeah, she wants em'...she's getting a few other things, too. She's not a 'clothes and jewelry' girl...hates those things, actually. Thanks though!!

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

What's her ear canal size relative to yours? Or, does she have a pair that fits pretty well, and can yours be adjusted to match the size? Not sure how you'll answer the first one without raising suspicions...:p

6. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...my wife likes the JVC Bi-metal HA-FX-300-(x insert your color letter here) buds that I got...I couldn't wait for our base PX to get the apple in-ears any longer...

I also picked up a pair of panasonic RPHJE300's that I got on clearance for $12 (normally $25) for use on my mountain bike (I didn't want to F'up the JVC's) and I would have actually been happy with them at "full" cost also.